[GB] Sorbothane Sheets R1

What thickness of sorbothane was offered MoI?

0.1" = 2.54mm

Not sure what was the price but are you planning offering any sorbothane sheet with custom cut?

I like sorbothane between plate and pcb (where i think it works the best, compressed as hell), while in the case it doesn’t do much unless it’s compressed (small spaces or thicker layer of sorbothane). Would be really cool to have it precut.

I plan on it for R2. Right now I’m working with the manu to make sure R1 goes smoothly (should be shipping to me at the end of the month). I’m still in talks with them for my desires for future custom products to offer in R2.

I’ll keep everyone in the loop for what’ll be released in the future :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool thanks, a last thing, which one you think works the best? (30/50/70)

I’d be really interested in a TKL sized pre cut layer between the plate and PCB

Are these hard to cut ? the videos I saw on youtube of sorbothane seems to suggest they are pretty easy to cut. So wouldn’t it be possible to take a plate, put it on top of the sheet and cut the holes out ?

1 Like

Scissors or a utility knife would make it pretty easy.

This is what I was thinking as well. Sure it would be nice to have affordable sheets that were pre cut to fit certain plate layouts. But given the huge cost @Manofinterests was quoted & how easy it would to just slap a plate on top of a sheet & use an exacto knife to trace it, I just don’t see the worth. Especially to those of us who will be using it. I personally don’t have any issue with DIYing a sheet for a build & suspect at least 90% of others will agree.

2 Likes

Update 10/22/18

138 lbs of Sorbothane is ready to ship out to me :o

4 Likes

I’m not in the group buy, but I hope we get to see what 138lbs of sorbothane looks like. :joy:

4 Likes

Is that for the GB, or just for that editing station? :grinning:

3 Likes

Unfortunately missed the GB, but ended up ordering 0.188 thick sheets on amazon. I have discovered that this is too thick for my Whitefox which has a USB-C cable, but fits well on my Minivan which has a USB-Mini.

From what I saw, I don’t believe it would matter what the case, pcb, or plate thickness you use. I’m fairly certain the real factor on which thickness to use is the USB connector, unless there is a bottom cutout the connector that allows it to sit extra low in the case.

In case you’re wondering, 1/10″ is the perfect sheet thickness for WhiteFox/NightFox.

1 Like

I figured as much, hopefully I’ll catch the next gb

Extras will be available after I finish shipping GB units

1 Like

Some (not all) of the sorbothane arrived today :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sweet, can’t wait to get my sheet so I can rebuild my Nightfox! I am really liking the layout of it, but the thin light case leaves something to be desired in the acoustics & I used old stock BOX Royals (surprisingly they are not for me & the whole stem cracking thing) on the original build. Gonna tear it apart, put some Outemu Skies with Halo stems in it, & use part of my sheet as the sound dampening material for it. I think that should make it line up with my preferences much better!

1 Like

I just got 1/2 of my 50 lb boxes in today! Shipping will commence Monday. Bit by bit so please be patient :). I’ll try my best to have them all out before I leave for NorCal meetup.

5 Likes

great to hear, looking forward to getting my order!