[GB] SterlingKey™ - A Bluetooth adapter to turn your keyboard wireless

SterlingKey™ is a device that I’ve been working on for around one year, and it’s finally at a state that I’m feeling confident to start selling.

Key Features:

• Wireless: Say goodbye to cables! No more constraints – type from anywhere in the room with ease.
  • Multi-Device Connectivity: Connect up to three devices simultaneously. Switch between your desktop, laptop, and mobile devices by tapping the touch sensor on SterlingKey. Boost your productivity by managing multiple tasks seamlessly.
  • Universal Compatibility: Designed with versatility in mind, SterlingKey accommodates any keyboard with its USB-A port. Whether you have a gaming keyboard, mechanical keyboard, or any other type, this adapter ensures compatibility for an enhanced user experience.
  • Plug and Play: Setting up SterlingKey is a breeze. Connect your keyboard with a short, right-angled cable, start the pairing process by holding the touch button for half a second, pair with your device, and enjoy your wireless keyboard. No complicated installations or technical know-how required.
  • Built-in battery: With SterlingKey you don’t need an external power bank or complicated ways to power the device. The adapter includes a Battery Management System to safely charge the connected battery by supplying 5V with a Type C cable.
  • Cross-Platform Compatibility: Whether you’re on Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android, SterlingKey seamlessly integrates with your devices. Switch between platforms effortlessly, maintaining a consistent typing experience.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and if you would like to support me, you can join my group buy. It would mean the world to me!

You can find the campaign in groupgets[dot]com/campaigns/1298/, unfortunately it doesn’t allow me to add links

4 Likes

What is battery life like?

I need one of these but wish the keyboard connection part is a removable (to handle USB C, A, mini, and micro connectors) and used a cable (to fit any keyboard connector plug height).

Home

GB at GroupGets

GeekHack
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121519.0

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comments/16vlc32/sterlingkey_turn_any_mechanical_keyboard_into/

ProductHunt:

2 Likes

24 hours of continuous use. Goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity, so it really depends on your use. For me, I use the keyboard a lot during the day, it lasts around 3 days. Not amazing, but the multi-device does help when I want to type something on my mobile and my laptop.
Charging takes 3-4 hours with a 5V 2A charger.

3 Likes

Thanks for the links!
The photos with the keyboard connector are old. On the latest iteration I’ve opted to go with a USB-A port, for the reason you mentioned. If you see the photos on GroupGets, these are the latest ones. I’ll also bundle a 20cm Type-C to USB-A cable when I reach the goal.

3 Likes