[GB] the Norbaforce Mark II

Is there a notable difference between the 45gs and 55gs?

If you’ve ever felt the difference between Cherry Red and Cherry Black; it’s similar.

Let me put it this way:

• If you’re a touch typist and want the keyboard to get out of your way so that you can hit your optimal speed, 45g is probably for you.
  • If you’re the type of person who likes to pause and thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk about what you’re typing, then 55g will save a lot of deleting.
6 Likes

If there is one, I’ll certainly be there and look forward to chatting more in person! Here’s hoping.

1 Like

Only the RGB is MX compatible, the other models are not MX compatible (stock).

1 Like

Yea, your examples really helped get a perspective, I think I’ll go be going with the 45g, I’m more than happy with how they feel right now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

OMG looks so cool man! awesome!

Only the RGB is MX compatible, the other models are not MX compatible (stock).

On the plus side, you can get the reasonably priced Topre Extended 2048 keycap set for use with the other models. For the MX boards you have to buy the more expensive one (and wait for the production to finish).

That all assumes you like the Mac fonts of course. I’m still kicking myself for missing the Oblique group buy two years ago.

1 Like

the K2 and the video are definitely feast for the eyes! not gonna buy it though since I have 2 Norbaforces already :innocent:

1 Like

Those are some sad news, I am a huge polycarbonate fan, one of the reasons I was so hyped to see the Heavy-6 Urbi-et-orbi edition (which I immediately bought). I was eyeing with a Norbaforce for quite some time now, still unsure if I should get one of the newly stocked Mark II, as the Ghost of Christmas Future Edition would have been my dream.

On the other hand, the K2 finish looks so clean too, argh it is tempting :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ryan, what an amazing promo video. Congrats.

I’m hoping you’ll maintain stock on the white finish (whether this batch, or a future batch in 2021) so that I can buy my 3rd Norbaforce. Sick of waiting for RAMA to produce, and now that I have my first Norbaforce (with second on the way) I must say its now my favourite board by far.

1 Like

I’m afraid I have only two K2 left at time of this writing, and this is surely the only 2021 batch—though probably not the last batch of all time. :slight_smile: Or at least not so long as Topre continues to product R2s.

Any VSs hiding in your warehouse somewhere? Those never seem to be available

they were available at the start of this restock, but sold out iirc

Yup! We still have a few of those in the online shop now.

Wow those must have sold fast because it says out of stock again

1 Like

this is indeed very weird. Please email us at shop@norbauer.com and we can get you set up with a private invoice!

2 Likes

:+1: :upside_down_face:

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you said VHS, but you typed VSs, which I think means Veracity Steels. I did restock a batch of them but they sold out almost immediately. :expressionless: I’ll try to arrange some more for eventual restock, but those are more tricky because the material wrecks the end mills so the machinist saves them for last. So it’s just a question of whether the end mills are still in good condition.

1 Like

Yes, sorry about that Ryan. Actually AJ reached out and said you guys had an extra so I’m super glad I asked! :+1:

That’s interesting that the stainless steel nerfs the mill although I guess not a huge shock as it’s a much harder material than aluminum or, as my mechanical friend likes to call it, “shiny wood”

2 Likes

Is there a shipping estimate for this latest restock?