[GB] the Norbaforce Mark II

Bought Veracity Steel.

I asked once about Astrophysical Purple in IC. But it happened so there are another cool options. I also like VHS and there is return of glossy Retro Refrigerator which looks so nice and clean.

My wallet can not handle all of this, but I decided to buy refrigerator also. I hope there will be enough extras. Or at least another wide range of those cool finishes for HHKB group buy because it looks like 3 norbaforces are too much for me.

Thanks, Ryan, for this awesome project and bringing me back to make hard decision which finish to choose again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did you get both daughterboards?

Yes, just to keep my options open.

I’m looking for an R2 Ivory 55g silenced, if such a thing exists, and if I I can get one shipped to the UK.

1 Like

that is a version that is sold in japan.

http://www.realforce.co.jp/en/products/R2TLS-US-IV/US5.html

Almost missed this, just placed the order. Please close this GB and release Norba980C!

For those of you who needs a R2, Fujitsu’s web store is running a 12% off and free shipping. I just ordered a R2 RGB.

Does anyone know of a proxy or method to get one shipped from Japan?

:rotating_light: Down to the last couple of hours for the group buy now. :rotating_light:

Thanks to everyone who has made this group buy a great success so far! You guys are all amazing. :bowing_man: Can’t wait to get production started on Monday!

8 Likes

Ordered a Veracity Steel. Much excite.

2 Likes

This might be a little off-topic, but I’m curious about an order I just made for the Heavy-6 bag and the TKL Brief. I ordered them both, in the same transaction, but it was separate from my Mark II purchase. In theory, the bags should ship without delay, correct? Ryan, perhaps you could offer some insight? Thanks.

Absolutely; they should go out today or tomorrow. Thanks for supporting those projects too! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course. Thank you for clarification on that too. I was happy to support those projects as well, because frankly, after doing some shopping around by comparing materials, pricing, and design elements; everything paled in comparison. Super excited to give my keebs a comfortable space to travel in.

+1 Norbauer 980c Case, too excited! hopefully it’s slim just like the stock case!

1 Like

I’m in for one Norbauer Holy Grail HHKB case in Retro Refrigerator :sunglasses:

1 Like

Got the K2 first, but then I saw the retro fridge config at Taeha Types, so also got that one. Now need to get 2 more RF87U units.

@norbauer will the bottom plates for these be the same as the separate GB ones you had for the MK1?

Also, does anyone know if there’s a way to make the RF87U QMK programmable? I remember seeing a dongle that you can use to go between the board and the PC.

Maybe you’re thinking of the Hasu USB-to-USB converter?

2 Likes

Created an account just to add a +1 to this as well. (Norbauer 980c Case)

2 Likes

thanks! yes, that’s it!

All Norbaforce plates are cross-compatible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

16 Likes

Wow I didn’t realize how truly Memphis the VHS finish was until I rediscovered this piece:

2 Likes