GMK Space Cadet

The sublegends remain of course, as the latest render show. I was referring to these keys:

Such a shame; I liked those keys, dammit! Still, count me in for a set.

Yeah it’s not like I removed them because I didn’t like em, I just felt it was more important to hit an attractive price point rather than catering to a dozen people that really care about them. They very easily make up a 10$ price difference.

Ah! As I thought. I was misunderstanding. Thanks!

Ugh ugh ugh, I might have to get this set. I love the high level of compatibility with just the base set :open_mouth:

Not sure how much I’d like GMK, having been almost exclusively using sculpted SA for a while now :stuck_out_tongue:

I almost only use SA myself, but once in a while, typing on Cherry profile is very refreshing.

1 Like

I swap SA and GMK almost interchangeably. I love both profiles. SA looks better, though.

Ugh, you guys aren’t making this easy :smile: Now I’m thinking I’ll need to build another keyboard to house these keys.

Good thing there’ll be plenty of time to do that :smiley:

Drop launches Friday! I’ll be releasing a few new renders soon, and also still trying to work out a Dvorak kit with GMK. No guarantees yet but we are doing our best.

5 Likes

I haven’t been paying much attention to this set, so I’m just noticing this now, but the floor/ceil legends (⌊, ⌈) don’t look very good or accurate. The horizontal bars are slightly longer than they should be — floor should look less like an L and more like a vertical bar with a short horizontal stroke at the bottom.

Furthermore, the sublegends’ line thickness isn’t consistent either: the R2 sublegends, as well as ⊥, ⊤, ⊢, ⊣, ⌊, ⌉, are too thick compared to the other ones.

Good feedback, I will look into this tonight.

1 Like

The Massdrop link is finally live. Pricing looks very good especially if it breaks 1000.

Moved to GB section as we are launching soon!

Also, this is the Colevrak kit we are going live with:

1 Like

I received color samples from GMK yesterday! The blue is matched to BFP from Signature Plastics, which 7bit used in Round6 for the SPH kits. The gray is the same as well, which was also already used last year for GMK Oblivion’s gray alphas. The legend color is from the production of GMK Camping, a off-white with slightly creamy warmth to it. For the True Cadet’s black legends, I am simply using CR from GMK’s standard color ring.

3 Likes

Nice! That matching looks pretty good :smiley:

We are live btw :slight_smile: Massdrop x Oblotzky GMK Space Cadet Keycap Set | Mechanical Keyboards | Keycaps | Custom Keycaps | Drop

2 Likes

Just need the Hyper 7 kit if Red Cadet runs :wink:

So I caved & ordered this base set… :wink: Thinking of adding the True Cadet set as well, but given there is almost a month left on the GB I figure I better stash the loot for the base set first. Anyways great work as always @Oblotzky! :metal:

Just put your order in now. You don’t get charged until GB ends anyway. Getting in right away is always a good strategy especially for sets that might not hit MOQ.

1 Like

Made some more renders, including Colemak and Dvorak layouts shown on 268.2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes