GMK symbiote shipping time

Essentially, I am thinking of pulling the trigger on my first gmk set, gmk symbiote off of oblotzky. But what I am am most worried about it whether it will actually ship q3 2022, or will it be like every other gmk set and ship many months later.

I think vendors are providing the most accurate date that they can based on what they’re been told by GMK. I think the issue is that said information from GMK tends to be… optimistic about shipping dates (when they actually get updates). I know this is everyone’s favorite dead horse but the situation seems to be pretty complex. I hope for the sake of the hobby that the current state shifts somehow soon.

1 Like

Alright then. I think I’ll get it, and if it takes 2 yrs to arrive it’ll be a lesson well learnt.

It will probably ship later.

But Drop + MiTo GMK Serenity Custom Keycap Set - Base Kit | Mechanical Keyboards | Keycaps | Custom Keycaps
Is going to ship out next month if it’s close enough for you

Hmm, i did look at serenity, that might be a better choice, but now im torn inbetween serenity and gmk botanical 2

Botanical have the same waiting time as symbiote

Considering Omnitype’s update page for symbiote is showing only 1/4 of the color samples are approved (and they haven’t yet received a second round of samples 3 months later) I’d say it’s going to run well past the estimate of September. Botanical 2 is more likely to ship “on time” since they don’t need color matching but I’d note that the estimate for that has been pushed from Q3 to October already.

Symbiote just shipped in the UK!

2 Likes

Just checked. I ordered my sets on July 8th 2021. This could be up there in the longest keycap group buy I’ve ever been in. :rofl: