Greetings from io2red in California!

Hey there everyone!

My name is io2red and I’ve been into mechanical keyboards for a few years now. My daily driver is a Ducky YotM (#0219/2016) with Cherry MX Browns, and GMK Nautilus keycaps. Compared to most people around here I have a fairly small collection of keyboards. Somehow I always end up with my 100% though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got an Anne Pro I use with my phone and while out and about. Currently my other keebs include: a KBD75, Plum84 (35g), CM QuickFire XT, S-60X, as well as an unbuilt YMD96, and a half completed ErgoDox. I’m sure I’m not the only one with a project or two still laying around, haha.

I’m mainly active on Reddit under the same username, but have also posted some things on Geekhack. Some people may remember me from the custom keycap sets I designed but never fully produced: Planet Earth, and The Blue Marble. I was also one of the first people to start selling Gatistotles (Gateron housings with NOS Aristotle stems).

Lately I haven’t been as active in the MKB community as I would like to be. Real-life projects keep popping up and I just don’t have as much time as before. Hoping to still be a part of this lovely community though! It’s a bummer GeekHack was sold, but that doesn’t mean the party has to stop here!

Thanks for reading, wishing you all the best. Keep on clacking!

Welcome!

What are your plans for the YMD96? I have the YMD40 and I just bought the bluetooth YMD71.

Hello fellow Californian. North or South? :eyes:

Sorry for the delay! Left town right after posting this and haven’t had a chance to reply.

I’m hoping to get it built some time soon here. It’s an awesome board and I can’t wait to try it out. The entire YMD lineup has been a bunch of great deals. Pretty stoked on those. :smiley:

SoCal is where it’s at! I know there are a lot of people from up north, but I say SD is the best. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! Yeah, I like the YMD40. My only gripe is that it’s difficult for gaming because I have the staggered one and the top row is a bit too far offset than usual for me to game on.