grid is back, and we’ve prepared something new.
grid 650 is a 65% custom mechanical keyboard. It represents what we imagine when retro and timeless styles meet excellent functionalities.
- Newly designed, unibody chassis embraces a hybrid mount design supporting both (or) plate-less mount and gasket mount.
- Module options similar to grid 600
- Sound-absorb felt similar to grid 600
- Front LED indicator
- Type-C interface supports C to C cable.
- Reversible USB 2.0 Type-A hub port
- Full battery protection circuit with bypass option for DIY users
- Included 18650 battery case
- 65% layout, QMK BLE, with optional non BLE version
- Solderable version supports both ANSI, ISO, and multiple layouts
- Hot-swap version available for faster setup
- About one month of battery life when used with a 3000mAh 18650 lithium battery (not included)
- BLE power display in OS.
- Build-in spring structure
- Newly designed Module 4 FLASH with smoother color transition. (Notice that even we put voltage step-up chips in Module 4, due to space limitations, DIY and a thin profile phone battery is required to use with the FLASH module)
- Module 5 PRESS is now connect directly to the main PCB.
- New Module 6 WAVE
- more info on the modules will be released in about one week.
- All new modules will be available for grid 600.
Some further explanation:
This image indicates the plate-less mounting option. The PCB is attached to the chassis through 10 evenly distributed screw holes. The build-in leaf spring structure further enhances the flex of the PCB.
This image indicates the Gasket Mount option. Firstly, the plate is positioned by four specially designed O-ring structure. These O-rings provides constant pressure on the plate. Then, the plate is supported by six individual silicon bushings. We will include two sets of bushings with different resistance.
The bushing is designed to be easily swapped.
The PCB is based on QMK BLE. Module 5 PRESS is now connected to the main board directly. For people want to use VIA. Non-BLE version will be available as well.
The hub of grid 650 is another challenging for us. We put a reversible female USB 2.0 type-A port because it is at the back. Also we paid efforts to make all 3 elements, the switch, USB-C, and USB-A center-aligned.
We choose Texas Instrument’s chip for battery management and voltage step-down. We recommend 18650 battery when you are not using Module 4 FLASH, as it is the most accessible battery. So, no worries on the future.
Front LED indicator.
The front LED indicator has four colors and five modes.
- Blicking blue is for paring.
- Breathing white indicates powered by a battery.
- Blinking red reminds you to charge your grid650.
- Constant orange signifies your device is charging.
- Constant white means the battery is fully charged.
Yes, the indicator works in a retro and utilitarian fashion.
We will be providing more information and module updates in about one week. Stay tuned and maybe check our Instagram.