Grid 650, with new modules update

Probably, we still plan to make grid 600 a bottom mount structure.

1 Like

Hey @gridishere! Will split spacebar be supported for the hotswap version of the board?

Wouldn’t a 4mm plate for hotswap make the switches removable without a switch puller? Convenient for some but then the switches will pull out even if you’re removing keycaps.

The plate will most likely have undercuts on the switch holes at the top and bottom to 1.5mm so that the switches can clip in. I can’t say enough good things about 5mm plates. They’re wonderful. But then again, I have found over the years that I prefer the feel of a firm board. I love the idea and sound of a more flexible board, but I have yet to try one that I liked the feel of.

1 Like

Well, the 4mm plate works in the same way as the 1.5mm version. Just a little siffer.

Exactly!

Unfortunately no.
Sorry, how it is possible that I forgot to reply to you.

More updates on the plate are here.

The structural design of the plate.

1.5mm universal plate shown here.
The gap between the plate to the PCB is filled by 3mm felt.
The purple gaskets in the image are the hard ones.
This plate is compatible with WKL layout.

4mm stiff plate shown here.
This plate is designed for hotswap PCB.
The translucent gaskets in the image are the soft ones.
This plate is not compatible with WKL layout.

About colorway

Many thanks to people and friends for giving us feedback and suggestions on colors.

Chassis will be available in Black, E-white, and Navy.

Modules will be available in Black, Navy, Purple, Teal, Maroon, Rose, and Silver.

We’ve done some renderings with different keycaps. Enjoy. ;D

Please let me know your thoughts.

6 Likes

Sorry this is my first foray into custom mech keebs, so this question might be a bit silly. Am I to understand that the PCB comes separate from the bundle?

I’m interested in the module 04 Flash, but I’m not sure if i need to add on the hotswap PCB or not.

The PCB in the list is for extra one. The kit will come with the PCB of your choice.

This is gorgeous. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now, let’s say I “need” one, wired. I would like it to be hotswap and I would like to try the gasket mount (I never tried it). What do I need to order? Gasket wired (in one of the variants for the module) + the 4mm plate + Wired PCB + (optionally) the HUB PCB?
Is that all? Is that right?

1 Like

Thanks!
You will need a Gasket wired board, a 4mm plate, and the module you choose.
Extra PCB is for people who want two sets of internals (like one set for linear switches and the other one for clicky).
The hub PCB is included and that price is for replacement only. (in case it breake down after years)

Thanks, perfect! And getting multiple modules is always possible (in the gb phase I mean). Correct?

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 came out today - but this GB is what has my attention.

This will be my second custom purchase (and birthday / surgery recovery present to myself). As soon as this was announced I knew I’d be on-board, no pun intended. Only hard part is deciding on options!

Edit: the tritium vials were too cool; I went with a black Neon module on an e-white case. It was pretty hard to resist picking up all the other modules, too - I can’t see myself using most of them but they’re so cool

4 Likes

The options (and funds) are def the hard part of this for me. But I do want one.

1 Like

Hi @gridishere

Do you have plan to sell the extra gasket after GB completed? I plan to go with the plateless route, but in case I didn’t like it, I would like to know whether there is an option to get the gasket option after the GB finished.

Thanks

2 Likes