Grovemade and Keycult desk mat

Looks beautiful. I don’t know how the surface feels or works for gaming. Anyone ever used one of their natural Linoleum desk pads?

7 Likes

Love grovemade, but their prices always deter me. If I had extra money I might go for it. (Edit: but I don’t. Lol)

Well I was typing a response about how I would probably get it since the ugly key cult thing on the side looks to be removable and then I realized they sell basically the same thing without the keycult thing for quite a bit less money so i might just get that.

Linoleum sounds nice to me, I really do not like and cannot use the soft desk pads we usually see on here, I need a hard surface on my desk.

1 Like

I know one important milestone in life is working hard enough to feel comfortable to add guac to your Chipotle order, but it appears I haven’t hit the $80s for a desk mat point in my life yet :laughing:

15 Likes

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite tho… I will spend hundreds on a premium case. But a mat over $30 and I cringe. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

For me it all depends on the durability. I wash my desk mat fairly often because it gets dirty under my mouse hand. Don’t want ugly white gunk building up on an $80 that I can’t clean.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure linoleum is used for like flooring and I think you can just wipe it off. I have the like faux leather plastic ikea one and it’s nice because I can just wipe it clean with a damp towel

Also the similar size without the keycult branding is $50 and also comes in black or navy if that is enticing to anyone.

3 Likes

What is the prop 65 warning at the bottom about? the brass emblem or the linoleum itself?

edit: must be the emblem cause the deskpad without the keycult emblem doesn’t have the warning.

2 Likes

Anyone would cringe to a mat over $30 dollars. I paid 30 just for shipping cuz i couldn’t wait for the extras in the us aka i thought they were over

3 Likes

Ha. Can relate.

2 Likes

Actually is anyone familiar with the wool type of material they have for some of their products? I’m just curious how they would hold up over time. It’s like the allbirds of mousepads/deskpads I guess.

1 Like

I don’t have a wool mat from grovemade brand but the wool one I have is holding up very well. I’d imagine there’s would too.

I do have this linoleum mat without the keycult badge and it’s great!

3 Likes

I’m using their light grey wool mat along with the dual monitor stand, it’s the best $ I’ve spent on my office set-up. Have to say the quality of the wool felt is superb. Not detecting any wear but it’s only been a few months. Looks like new :+1:

1 Like

What other types of flooring material are on deck: ceramic tile or vinyl laminate? I’m waiting for the shag carpet deskmat myself. There is a market for everything these days it seems.

3 Likes

This one actually makes sense though (well not the price, but the material they’re using). I’ve worked with a ton of different linoleums & think it should make for a very durable & easily cleaned desk mat. Comfort though, you might have to take a hit on that if you prioritize the first two things over it. These are gonna be some cold & hard bastards IMO.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, both the linoleum and merino wool desk pads on the site are very tempting

3 Likes

Grovemade has some nice looking stuff. If I actually had a Keycult board I would probably purchase one of these. I have a feeling that this mat would be the only Keycult item I’d own for the foreseeable future :neutral_face:

2 Likes

the wool desk pad is superb (I have the light grey version) … also the dual monitor display stand as well. totally transformed my desk set-up. also ordered their bookshelf which I need to install!

1 Like

I have the wool one, and I kind of wish it was linoleum. My mouse has a sharp corner that tends to catch on the wool. I also wouldn’t recommend the wool if you are going to be gaming on it.

Yeah, wool probably isn’t the best for gaming, but I got the one linked below and it’s fantastic. Probably more money than I would ever rationally spend on such a thing, but I’m glad I did.