Has anyone made a keyboard out of florescent acrylic?

It’d be neat, to see a keyboard case made out of florescent acrylic, maybe even layers of diffrent colors of florescent acrylic…

One of the bike shops that I worked at had a green florescent wind screen, in the stock room, and the way the edges of it glowed (Super bright) from the light that hit it in a drak room looked pretty awesome.

Source

Examples:

2 Likes

I think one or two of Qlavier’s boards have used it? Like this one

It’s a really neat look imo. My old office had a glowforge and some sheets of this (somebody else was making clocks with it) but I don’t work there any more (not just due to the pandemic) so I wouldn’t be able to play around with it anyway.

2 Likes

:frowning:

The old curmudgeon in me hates it when sights want me to log in to see content, that people have posted on them.

Google to the rescue:

Looks neat, but it’d never make it into my inventory, with that handle. I’m already running out of desk space, and I don’t think I’d want to be seen in public, with something that some one would try to claim is a weapon, epically with our current political climate. lol

2 Likes

I make synthesizer boxes/cases from that material

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9pz7XGB66-/?igshid=1wxdxvz5iovdf

I could try some keyboard cases one of these days. :smiley:

10 Likes

I think it was supposed to be a keytar?

2 Likes

Keyblade I think

3 Likes

Just some brainstorming…

I am planning to build a (layered) case with a switch plate and a bottom plate made of stainless steel.
I considered making the ‘‘middle’’ layer out of glass, so now I am wondering why not use fluorescent glass?
I have a batch europium-doted glass, which would give a very fancy pink colour under uv-light.

Hmmmm… :thinking:

1 Like

And add UV LEDs to the PCB…

3 Likes

exactly my thought :wink:

1 Like

Blue florescent acrylic could make for a really cool tron-esque look

1 Like

Never a keyboard, but I did make an officially-licensed Star Trek prop replica out of it once!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbnA-HGlTn9/

Though it appears orange on screen due to the set lighting, the original prop on the set of TNG was made from pink fluroescent acrylic sheets, similar to the ones in the opening post. They appeared all around the ship, but most commonly on Picard’s desk in the Ready Room.

13 Likes