Hello everyone!

Saw this was an option so decided to introduce myself, even though not quite new anymore I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

So I am Asad Javeed from Pakistan. I am 23 years old and a medical student currently. I have a few hobbies that I like pursuing seriously which includes Muay Boran, gaming and PCs. You can add keyboards to the list as well now. :grin:

My first exposure to a mechanical keyboard was someone’s Anne Pro 2, with cherry MX Browns. Shortly after I started getting into FPS games and such, I got my first mechanical keyboard, the Logitech G512 with RomerG tactile switches. That was heaven for me back then, it just felt so new and…good.
Skip forward a year and I first saw a custom mechanical board when I was planning a PC setup. My theme is industrial metallic greys and silvers with accents of brass and champagne gold.

The first keyboard I wanted to build was the XD87 as many of you know. But then came the Atlas and it ticked everything off… I had never even seen the Ortholinear layout before that and I just still wanted it.
That made me start testing switches and now, 3 switch testing kits and something 80 switches later, I am hooked.

So it’s great meeting you all. I will keep pestering everyone here and collecting knowledge from you all. I am in no way an enthusiast for this hobby as most of you. I really want a great first keyboard and an endearing daily driver…

Buuuuutttt I already wanna add a grid macro pad to the setup after the Atlas now… XD
So who knows…I might have already fallen into the rabbit hole, just slower and more choosy than most?
Time will tell. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Nice to meet you!

2 Likes