Help: How to Flash the XD84 Pro PCB

Hi beautiful people;
I’m wondering if someone wants to do an updated tutorial about this topic.

Warning: noob here! Please be kind :slightly_smiling_face:

I want to flash my XD84 Pro (XD84 v2.0) pcb with an ISO layout. I’ve searched through our crazy and loved internet but mostly the information is for the XD84 pcb and that information is so rough detailed and involves outdated software.

In advance, thank you so much for your attention!

If you’re familiar with the basics of QMK Toolbox, you should be able to generate a layout to flash your XD84 with in ISO

It is for XD84 Pro, have a Atmel MEGA32u4 - AU core, not a Kimera core.

Hmmm only thing I have been ablet o find was the official info from kprepublic

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HTn3hBlp-A1l6ZkE1g96nn0U6oZ4kmzo?usp=sharing

Hello, I’m having the same issue. There is no place to flash the xd84 pro in the software that Kprepublic has provided. There is only the XD84 option. Any idea on how to fix the issue?

Overall steps:

1. Connect the USB-C directly to your computer (no hubs)
  2. Reset the Atmel Mega32U4 chip by shorting the “Reset” terminal on the back of the PCB. If on Windows, you should hear a USB device had been disconnected and followed by setting up of ATm32U4DFU
  3. Run Zadig (adig.akeo.ie) and install the ATm32U4DFU driver
  4. Install the TKG Chrome App
    a. Download here share. weiyun. com / 57WoxQf)
    b. Open Chrome and go to Extensions (chrome :// extensions)
    c. Enable Developer mode by toggling the switch on the top right corner of the page
    d. Click “Load Unpacked” button on the top left
    e. Select the TKG Chrome App folder
  5. Edit keyboard layout using www. keyboard-layout-editor. com. Default layout is at www. keyboard-layout-editor. com/#/gists/59b6b11f355227b1bb4d457c52bfc73f
  6. Open xd. tkg. io in Chrome
  7. Select XD84Pro
  8. Past Raw Data from Keyboard Layout Editor
  9. Click “Burn .eep file”

You’re done! If you need to reprogram, follow these steps again to reset, edit, and burn.

(sorry for the links - I’m a noob, and the keebtalk won’t allow me to post links)

3 Likes

Thanks, yes xd.tkg.io is the correct flash site for XD84 PRO (i was using other).

For an inexperienced one like me, it’s not easy to edit the layout on keyboard-layout-editor. The default one layout have so many “fn” keys.