Hey Folks! I'm melonbred

Hey KeebTalk!

I’m melonbred, a fan of mechanical keyboards for a couple of years now. I started out my journey into mechanical keyboard with a good ole Corsair K95 and quickly moved into the custom side of things with a DZ60 build. These days, I mostly use mechanical keyboards of the 40% variety and wouldn’t want to have it any other way!

There are so many amazing projects and variety in this community that really got me hooked. I started making a couple of keyboards for my own use, but this past year really drove me to learn about PCB and case design. I am finding that outside of interacting with the keyboard community, creating keyboards tailor made to your personal use cases has been where the joy has been for me!

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here at KeebTalk. Cheers!

12 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Weclome! I love the look of 40%s but can find any that I like in stock with a case and plate. Hope you enjoy your stay here on keebtalk!

1 Like

Welcome!

Yes, designing its own PCB and case is really fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree! I find 40s to be the best form for my use, and they’re cute little boards. If you might be interested in 3D printed or stacked acrylic options, P3D is a great store to check out. They’ve been really active in the 40s community.

1 Like

Greetings and welcome! The more creative enthusiasts we have here, the better - and I look forward to seeing some of your designs.

2 Likes

Will definitely check them out! Do you know of any open scource acylic cases because I’ve got a lazer cutter and would love to put that to work on some keeb projects!

I think there are a lot of open sourced 40s, but the first one that comes to mind is the Tanuki 40% which is pretty comfy to use. The github repo also has case files for stacked acrylic.

1 Like

I think you’ll not have to wait very long, as he already posted an IC for a 40% :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like