Heya! First modern MK, how’d I do!?

Been on an ‘84 Model M since ~’00. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about with modern mechanicals, figured I’d be smart to snag a pre-built and dip my toes in before building something. Got lucky (I think) and found a Leopold FC660M locally. Earlier Taiwanese version, reds, single-shot keys. Feels great to me - probably still like my M for typing, but enjoying the Leo for games and the variety!

What next!?!?

11 Likes

20 Likes

Good pickup! How are you liking it so far?

What are you thinking about building as well?

1 Like

You did good. Leopold’s are the best pre-built mechanical boards you can buy IMO.

1 Like

Loving it so far! The reds are a nice contrast to the model M’s buckling springs, though I can’t type nearly as quick on them.

May snag a few other prebuilts to compare layouts and switches before taking the plunge on a build. I like the arrow keys, wonder if I wouldn’t be better with something that has dedicated F keys, or if I’ll get quick at accessing them via the Fn key.

1 Like

This! Showed my Mum my simple work keyboard with browns, the one I made myself and the leopold and the leopold is very close to the one I made and modded myself and it’s a stock

Starting off strong… Leopolds are great

1 Like