Hi everyone, I’m Chrismas!

Hi Keebtalk community,

I’ve been a Mech Keyboard enthusiast since 2012 when I got a CM Storm Rapid Fire TKL with Cherry Reds, then found r/mk when looking for more keyboards. I was really into keycaps after that and got my first custom set of Modern Selectric. While I was in college I got into small keyboard and made an OLKB Planck with Cherry Clears and tactile switches quickly became my favorite. The Planck is now the keyboard I use everyday at work as a IT Tech, because it is so small and portable I can use it anywhere. Last year I bought a Drop CTRL with Halo Clears for my desktop PC. Recently starting watching Taeha Types and am now looking into modding my keyboards.

5 Likes

Welcome!

My dad uses almost the exact same Cooler Master, but with browns - I was really impressed with the typing quality for a brand I previously knew for internal PC components. How are you liking those Halo Clears?

I like them better than cherry clears. The bump feels a little bit more pronounced to me. Going to line them as soon as I have the time.

1 Like

Cooler masters are solid, they were go to recommendations for a while and of course the novatouch was legendary. Maybe it’s just because I had one of their cheap cases thy kinda sucked, but I tend to think of them as a lower end PC parts brand whereas their keyboards are definitely solid mid range

2 Likes

If you like a big bump maybe holy pandas are worth checking out if you haven’t already

2 Likes

I have been considering it. I was thinking about swapping my Cherry Clears on Planck for either Holy Pandas or Zilents.

Zilents are v nice too, I did boards with both and found I liked the zilents better

For work, Zilents would be the best. Gotta get a sample pack and check them out.