(Wasn’t that sure about what to drop here but here it goes…)
Name is Luis, working for a couple of years on the IT service business and I’m currently on a weird location setup, basically splitting 70% of the time in Austria while the remaining 30% are in Poland.
Whenever work isn’t consuming my time (and my brains…) I’m pretty much into history, sci-fi and cooking. I’m somehow dependent on music.I can pretty much listen from Jazz to Post-Punk. Since the family was too small, we decided to adopt a Boston Terrier dog and it’s has been an amazing experience with this 4 legged dude.
Now the real thing:
I’ve been into mechanical keyboards for the last 4 to 5 years (introduced via a G80 Compaq) and it started to get a bit more serious for the last 2 years, where I basically ended up buying cheap boards so that I could further on decide to go full custom.
Now this full custom experience has been quite a trip. Ended up knowing that some of my colleagues have nice boards, mostly based on 65%/70% formats, with various switch setups (never imagined it could be such a complex thing), with several types of cases, etc. My preferred type of switch would definitely be tactile - just got extremely used to it throughout the years.
Around February, I ended up making up my mind (and ended up being divided between MX and Topre) so I decided to give it a go to the first choice. Aaand… Then things went sideways as the part availability basically went from “in stock” to “out of stock”. I put this plan on hold (exactly since I didn’t receive any restock message from any of the websites I usually check) and decided to give it a go now. Only by this time I noticed/found that the majority of the parts/components end up being shipped from Asia. (rookie, I know…)
Considering I’m a fully fledged newb on the matter, decided to join so that I can learn more about the topic, know people who might share similar opinions/likes/etc.