Hi, I'm weeyum

Hi everyone!

You can probably guess my name based on my alias. Based in the Bay Area.

I’ve always been a mechanical keyboard fan, but was never super in touch with the community. Recently got the urge to get super into it and get involved!

My current keyboard collection is as follows:

• Vortex Race 3 | MX Clears
  • Filco Majestouch 2 | MX Browns
  • Ducky Shine 3 | MX Browns
  • HHKB Pro 2 | 45g Topre
  • Realforce 87u | 55g Topre

I was introduced to mechanical keyboards initially through the gaming community (played League, currently play CS:GO, Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, Apex), but really fell down the rabbit hole after starting work and seeing peers with their fancy keebs.

As of now I’ve been really interested in building and modding my keyboards and have already been looking into building a 60% for work.

• Duck Sidewinder
  • Zilent v2
  • Zeal Stabs
  • EnjoyPBT 9009 Keycaps

Also looking to mod my HHKB. I’ve already purchased a set of KBDfans silence-x rings but would love some tips on lubing the switches/stabs!

Any tips/tricks for the build/lube/mod process is greatly appreciated and would love to get more involved in the community!

2 Likes

You should check out this build for more info on lubing your topre boards.

Ooh this is awesome, thanks so much!

I can also help answer any questions you have about lubing topre. I lubed my FC980C which takes a long time, but is totally worth the effort!

Hey @Ashardalon, that’s awesome! I’ve seen videos going over the process, just curious about recommendations for what lube to use and the best way to go about lubing the stabs.

For sure! I prefer to have my switches buttery smooth and slightly silenced (I find stock topre is hella loud), so I lubed mine with Krytox 205g0. I also used 205g2 for the stabs because I’m bourgeois like that, but SuperLube or anything along those lines will work just as well. You’ll want to make sure the rail and the points of contact with the plastic are well-lubed, as reassembling and finding that it wasn’t sufficiently done is brutal.

1 Like

Sounds good, thoughts on just using the Krytox 205g0 on the stabs as well? Also is the 205g2 just a thicker lube compared to SuperLube and 205g0?

I wouldn’t use 205g0 on the stabs, personally; you’d be using a lot of it. 205g2 is more towards the grease-end rather than being a more even mix of an oil and a grease. It does have a higher viscosity than 205g0 by nature, but is probably on the same level as SuperLube, if not a bit thicker.

That makes sense, I’ll prob look into 205g2 and SuperLube then. Thanks for the useful info!

1 Like