Holy Poli

A while back I asserted in a few places that I thought Polias were just periwinkle Halos with a different spring - but I didn’t really provide anything besides my impression there. I had some switches open and thought it as good a time as any to try and verify that with a bit more certainty - or debunk it.

Well. I fiddled and photographed, and came away with the same impression. I’ll share with you what I found here, starting with some comparison photos of the stems:

Side by side, the similarities are clear.

Any differences I can see take squinting; I’d bet they’d pass each-other’s spec tolerances.

Just looking at these fuzzy photos complete with traces of carpet yarn, what do you guys think?

8 Likes

Close race. I can’t see any difference outside of color. I thought the poles might be varied, but same.

3 Likes

In the middle pic the Polia stem seems to have a sharper bump, but beyond that they look identical in the other pics. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if these are made from the same molds as Halo stems.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m just excited to have a Halo stem recolor, at least it’ll help mix up the color combos for Yok “holy pandas” if they’re pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Def. I especially like these in the Red housings.

2 Likes

Hello hello - with a humongous thanks to @Pylon, I have some new information to add here:

What I see in this graph matches what I can see on the stem itself; the biggest difference is a smidgen of extra pole-length on the Polia.

Looking closely at the photos above, you might see the area past the bevel is a little different. There’s also a difference in the beginning of the bump that’s so slight it might be margin of error - whether that belongs to production tolerance, measurement equipment, or eyeballs.

As far as the force curve is concerned - I expected them to be close, but after seeing graphs comparing the stems in their own housings, I didn’t expect them to be this close.

They’re like the Mario Twins (they are so gott daym the saym persone)

This makes me think the leaf profile might be a hair different in the Polia housings to make its bump measurably longer than the Halo’s.

See, this is what keeps me in the hobby - every answer uncovers a new question - and even though the direct answer is only about this or that product, it may also yield an answer about making better experiences. Besides, puzzles are fun!

5 Likes

They’re like the Mario Twins (they are so gott daym the saym persone)
(I’m sorry I saw my chance and had to take it)

Although dang that chart is really close. I think I’m going to continue to make Poli pandas over Holy pandas since I managed to buy a good number of Kaihl Polias from Novelkeys. That and I like the color of the stem more than the halo stem >.>

4 Likes