How do you justify GMK pricepoints?

I shine mine typically within two weeks. Fortunately, I’ve learned to actually like the shine. Makes the sets feel comfortable because the shine naturally conforms to my usage pattern, so it feels like a broken in shoe for me. Totally agree with what you said about the set feeling like yours after it has some shine.

1 Like

What do you guys do that makes your sets shine so quick? I have sets I’ve used for months that don’t show any shine…

Not quite sure. I type 9ish hours a day at work. Then I have projects I work on at home for another 2 hours or so most nights. Typically program another 4-6 hours on my days off too + more computer time. Comes out to way north of 100 hours of time on computers typing or touching my keyboard in those two weeks.

Oh man okay yeah you type Like way way more than me

1 Like

Totally agree with this. Put simply, if it’s something you love, then just drop the big bucks if that’s what makes you happy.

I’ve come a long way with gacha games, and if there’s one takeaway to be valued, it’s this.

Agreed, but loving something is just half the story. So many other factors effect dropping the buck. Hell, i would want every single gmk set out there. They are all worthy of love, but at the end of the day it’s an expensive choice. And believe it or not, once you made that purchase, you still keep wondering if it was a squander. Same as with every other expensive shit we buy. In the end it’s all personal. People who are heavily invested in this hobby have said that they can’t justify buying $200 set, but there are others that say they are well worth it. If you can justify wheather you love it or not, buy it at your liking. If you can’t reason with it, skip. I wouldn’t make my judgement based on somebody else’s justification. I love it and can’t justify, so I’ll skip. It’s all personal.

Also off-topic, will there be a jamon rev2 in the future. Just asking. Need to mentally start preparing to let go of my money. Only for jamon.

1 Like

Agree with the parts about it being personal, since at the end of the day it’s all dependant on your own reasoning and preferences :peposmile:

As for Jamon r2…you’d be better of asking Zambumon himself :]

I have a very lightly used set of jamon. mostly did some photos and a couple typing tests. dm me if you’re interested

I feel relieved when there are a limited number of GMK sets that I am interested in. For instance, this month is Oliva ++ for $110. It’s like a breath of fresh air since I bought so much the last two months, lol

1 Like

Only the best and worst decisions come out of this statement.

Fortunately, I don’t use a board that makes GMK set feasible to use. Ortho/Ergo with colemak layout pretty much eliminates every GMK set that exist (with a few exceptions) because of the way they do MOQs. The shine doesn’t bother me, I just hate abs plastic and there are enought pbt sets that I don’t buy gmk.

KAT is looking REALLY promising in this regard. MOQs is done as a total of all sets so artists are willing to do ergo/ortho sets and more importantly the kits are significantly cheaper than GMK AND they are PBT.

The Manofinterests Self-Justification Questions:

1. Does it fit within any kind of construable budget
  2. Why are you getting it?
  3. If you answered #2 “because I wanna”, please revisit #2.
  4. If you answered #2 “no u”, please revisit #2
  5. If your mental tone of the answer in your head was apathetic, please revisit #2
  6. “No balls you won’t”
2 Likes

too real

:upside_down_face:

I only hunt keysets that I really like and that don’t require more than base + 1 extra kit to cover my boards. Some do, some don’t.

I had some really nice sets that have just passed through my hands and I didn’t even mount them at the moment (gmk plum, ta90, Honeywell) and just kept them in my drawers. After a while I understood I can’t really need them all as the nr of keysets should be close to the nr of boards, so I sold them.

Even now I still join stuff that can’t get out of my head.

There is only one polished solution: AirGMK. - Jack and Jill.

The trick is to never look at the receipts!

2 Likes

Yeah, but then I go over budget :frowning_face:

The GMK BoW kit on massdrop is priced similarly to Epbt and has fairly extensive coverage in the base kit, but beyond sets like that, I cannot justify the cost, which is why I don’t buy them.

EDIT: Going fast forward to 2024, and I just missed the last Olivia’s GB Extras.