How do you justify GMK pricepoints?

I dunno about that, imo DSA and XDA feel terrible for me to type on while cherry profile is super comfortable. The plastic tolerance, thickness, density, etc is much better on GMK caps.

Really anymore all I’ll go for are JTK or GMK.

I feel like I belong here as a semi-recovered GMK addict. My previous criteria for buying most sets would be “does it look sorta neat, does it mostly fit 96key/1800.” Nowadays I’ve gotten a bit more stringent with my falling away from Cherry profile and need to reduce my collection of unmounted caps:

• Must really like the colorway. If I haven’t got it stuck in my head thinking about it, I’m probably not committed enough to it.
  • Profile weighs more on my decision: SA and SA-like good, G20 neat, DSA ok, Cherry eh, Cubic bad, everything else also pretty much bad(:man_shrugging:)
  • Must be pretty much perfect layout compatibility, not having correct(looking at you Jukebox) 1800 support in 2019 is basically a crime
  • I need to be able to plan a build on the spot that is realistic to be able to have ready shortly within getting me hands on the caps. This is the primary criteria for making sure sets don’t end up unopened in my keyset drawer until I sell them for bill money a year or so later.

Following this I only bought I think two sets last year, Maxkeys Dark Purple and Crimson Cadet. Granted there was plenty of other shit happening that limited my set buying, but let’s pretend it was all me being more disciplined with my spending :eyes:

4 Likes

Do left-handed 1800s still exist these days? I know Aegis shipped and that GB is done and through but I can’t recall any left-sided numpad 1800s. I’d probably benefit from building one of those sometime.

No clue, I haven’t kept up with boards for most of this year. I know someone was working on a kit one but don’t know if that went through.