[IC] After-School 1992 (90s/vaporwave DSS Keyset)

They sound almost identical to DSA, which makes sense, since they are very similar in shape and identical in thickness. The best part is the unique sculpture. Very satisfying to me.

1 Like

Oh wow, if the 6u is going to be added it’s gonna be great :smiley:
Also, this is the first time I hear about the Heavy 9, and I’m hyped allready, as my remaining keyboards right now are : Heavy6, Norbatouch & FC980c :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

any chance of adding spacebars kit? 2.75u 2u 1.75u or even 3u??

Here is what they have to say about their DSS stabilizer placement.

spacing is fixed at 1.50 inches from the center mount to the outboard mounts

Is that what you’re looking for, or is it the same issue as on their older kits that you mentioned?

That is the same as their older kits, like alchemy. Those 6u bars do not fit the fc660c or any other board I know of, not sure why they use it. Cherry has stabilizers on their centered stem 6u at that measurement (38mm) and at 47.7mm, the 660c uses the outermost mounts.

Picture for clarity, GMK 6u centered on top, PMK Alchemy DSA space below

At this point I don’t really sweat about the alignment as I jigged a lot of 6u off centered spacebars to fit my fc660c / 980c .

But yea, proper spacebar from the factory is desired.

Hmm. This is a touch choice. Given that the spacebar isn’t very compatible, do you think it’s still worth doing? Asking folks to glue in their own stems is probably a bit much, and advertising a 6u spacebar that people can’t use out of the box might just be confusing or lead to disappointment. @Nebulant: what do you think?

With high quality topre to MX sliders that don’t rotate caps being quite rare, I don’t think the market of people looking to use this set on converted boards will be that large.

:frowning:

The best way would be to get SP to do a proper spacebar, and add the side feet+ center+ off center as well as GMK / Epbt spacebars have

Love the colors. Would mix really well with that SNES shirt.

My experience with SP is that, when you can talk them into such changes in the first place (which is rare), it moves at a glacial pace, so I’m afraid waiting for a 6u spacebar with the placement we want might push this set back to somewhere between years from now to never. :confused:

Well then the way to go would be to do the kits as designed, no 6u, but ask SP to include the color in the separate keycaps area where u can buy the 6u spacebar they now make.

Enthusiasts will source&modd that ones, at least it’s an option :slight_smile:

If DSS 6u mould is unavailable, at least in DSA, to get somehow a workable fit

Agreed, on both points. I’ll let you know what they say.

1 Like

From SP:

A bit of history on the 6 unit spacebars. These were manufactured years ago (90’s) specifically for one of our commercial accounts that does FAA control panels. They panel uses a grid style matrix with switches for adaptability for the users needs – meaning they want to be able to put all the keys in all the positions on this board. As such, the 6 unit spacebar that we make has posts that are located 2 standard switch positions from the center post. These were never created nor intended to be used for the newer style keyboards that have come out since this parts inception. We will keep this future mount spacing in mind should we go down that road with new tooling, but right now we don’t have currently plans to modify our existing tooling yet.

5 Likes

I ordered my VHS finish Norbaforce. Also, I’m currently typing on my R2 RGB Realforce with DSS caps (dolch), and it’s splendid. Soo… I’m now ready to purchase this set. Thanks. Just giving you my permission to run the GB, in case you were waiting on it.

1 Like

If that is the case why do they keep selling them in kits without notice? :roll_eyes:

They include their weirdo 6u bar in the spacebar kits for sets (like Alchemy here: DSA "Alchemy" Keyset (Sublimated) - Pimpmykeyboard.com) and it isn’t usable by anyone, so what is the point?

EDIT! (this has absolutely nothing to do with your set)

I completely concur with your analysis. Seems likely merely to cause more confusion than anything else. =\

I just got back into the swing of work from a couple of weeks doing NorCal meetup stuff and then going down to LA for bit of business and a bit of pleasure, but getting this set launched is my next priority.

I’m working on a new type of nice keycap set packaging that I hope to use on this and other sets in the future, and I’m just trying to figure out how to get that made to my standards without making it too insanely expensive. I’m getting closer but still going back and forth with the factory on some design ideas.

3 Likes

The group buy is up now. :slight_smile: Let’s move the discussion over to the GB thead.

2 Likes