[IC] Båge - AEK Curved O-ring mount 60

Hi, I’d like to introduce Båge. I am new (to posting) on Keebtalk. You probably have seen this one at a few meetups and around GH and Instagram.

Interest Check - Form
Aluminum Proto v1
Poly Proto
Discord

Specifications

• Single Piece case
  • AEK Curve for use with AEK caps
  • Angle : 6 degree
  • Weight : Internal. Material TBD
  • Material : Aluminum and possibly Polycarbonate
  • Mount : O-Ring mount, friction fit
  • Uses Universal Daughter Board for USB C
  • PCB : Custom ALPS pcb with flex cuts and underglow. Existing MX PCBs (and plates) will work too.
  • Plate Materials : Aluminum, FR4, Stainless Steel, Standard BYO 60 plate support
  • QMK and VIA compatible Not merged yet

Current Plan

• Design
  • Initial Prototype
  • Interest Check
  • Prototype the final weight design in brass
  • Another Prototype round with changes from IC?
  • **Interest Check II **
  • Group Buy

Color Options

I’d like to keep this list small. Following are the options, but depending on IC feedback only two or three of these might be offered initially.

• Space Grey
  • Silver
  • Trying to get samples for one matching an aged AEK II
  • Black

Pricing

TBD. Trying to keep it as low as possible. We have a vendor backing this, so more information about this will come closer to when this is ready to go.

Layout Options

These layouts will be supported by the ALPS pcb.

Inspiration

My fascination with the AEK60 form factor, GSKT-00 and kkatano’s Bakeneko

The main inspiration for this case though along with the AEK fascination was the GSKT-00 for understanding o-ring mounts and kkatano’s Bakeneko for the single piece construction. This is not a Bekeneko with a modified bottom, it is a board designed from scratch using the same internal design style but applying things I have learned so far on my design journey, also taking into factor the construction differences between ALPS and MX builds.

Please fill out the IC even if you had filled the previous one if this is something that interests you. Thank you for checking it out :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Filled the form out. I’ve been following this one for a while so thank you for posting it here as well. Best of luck with finalizing this - it’s beautiful!

Looks fantastic, I’m a big fan of the original AEK, so I like this design a lot. If you can get a color similar to yellowed ABS I’d be very interested.

The one issue with these cases and Alps switches is the sound, because they are small the Alps don’t usually sound that good on them.

Its been a minute. If you already follow me on Instagram or are on my discord, you might have seen more of these updates go by. But here is a summary of what’s happening next.

We have a vendor who is willing to back this. Based on the feedback from them and the IC, changes were made to the case. Main ones are

• Weight changed to internal
  • Bottom Engraving
  • Will now support existing MX PCBs (and plates), so only a custom ALPS only PCB will be offered with ALPS Plates.

Prototype PCBs are ordered. Case prototypes will be ordered soon. I updated the OP with the current plan and details and also added albums for the various builds so far.

As always, do fill out the IC is this is something that interests you. I know some questions in there might be redundant now, but just a show of interest also helps to get the final number.

2 Likes