IC: Bay Area Mechanical Keyboard Meetup (NorCal) - November 2018

I feel betrayed

This is truly the darkest timeline :stuck_out_tongue:

Yay area meetup hype! \o/

2 Likes

Down for all of the above. Thanks Huey!

1 Like

Was there really? It didn’t seem like that many we’re in the space…

Definitely in! Should be able to pay for the flight with airline miles alone, and I should also be free on all of those dates you named, so I’ll be there.

Yup! It was pretty awesome with that many people. There were people who came in and out, but we had at least that many unique check ins which was really awesome.

1 Like

@Manofinterests I’m really looking forward to this, but please don’t do it the weekend of November 17th. That’s the same weekend as DesignerCon in LA. Last year’s meetup happened the same weekend as DesignerCon also and I had to run out of the meetup early to catch a plane down to DesignerCon. My friend and local vendor @Clackeys also wasn’t able to make it to the meetup last year because he goes to DesignerCon as well, but I know he really wants to come to the NorCal meetup too!

2 Likes

ANYTHING but November 10th :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for organizing this!

NorCal was awesome last year. My vote is on November 3rd. :slight_smile: The earlier the better.

2 Likes

(Looking at the responses, poll probably should have been checkboxes instead …)

1 Like

I think there’s a major event going on in SoCal on each of these weekends (Blizzcon, DesignerCon, Rubycon) so there will be super sad people no matter what weekend the meetup falls on.

EDIT: and I agree with @cerement that the poll should be checkboxes, since people who say “all dates work” might just pick a date at random and sway your results negatively.

Definitely not the 17th please, I already have some family travel planned for that weekend. 3rd or 10th. Decide sooner than later so I can plan accordingly!

November 3rd definitely is winning by a long shot!

@mgsickler It’s winning the poll, but I think that’s just because it’s listed first and many people voting probably don’t really care what day it is. Hopefully the reddit post will link to a google form with checkboxes for the dates.

I don’t think that’s the entire reason why it’s winning. Reading through the comments it seems people would rather have it earlier and definitely not the 17th.

I certainly misspoke by saying “just” but with only a handful of people in the thread, it’s hard to know why 27 people voted for the 3rd. I do believe that forcing people to pick 1 option hurts the data though.

I definitely see what you mean. :slight_smile:

8/24/18 Update:

We just put in the deposit and confirmed the date. The best date for us that we could go with will be the 10th of November. I’ll be updating the original post soon and make this the official meetup page as opposed to an IC page.

Hope to see you all there, I’ll have more details soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh man. Can’t wait!

For those searching for the official thread announcing the date and venue, please look here. :slight_smile: