Hey guys, a few of you may know me but my name is Vinzlr. I frequent Reddit/GH/Discord and today I’ve got an IC for a TKL that I am actively working on. Without further ado I present the Cleave.
This project started when I realized that for some reason I really wanted a MX TKL. I wanted a TKL that was very heavy, chonky and something that I couldn’t exactly describe. So I got to working on my own design after some friends pushed me a little bit.
This keyboard is heavily inspired by: Yuktsi and Ryan Norbauer. Without them doing what they do I wouldn’t have wanted to do this. In addition to that I’d like to thank Hineybush/Ryan Norbauer for giving me incredible advice and help while working on this.
- Two part design: the top half is aluminum while the bottom half is a brass weight
- Thick bezels
- Will use H.87 pcb from Hineybush
- Case: 85% (still need to add screw holes for plate/weight + hole for usb plug). Also decide between chamfering and non-chamfering case edges(find attached google form to vote)
- Weight: 90% (still need to add holes for screws + design)
- Plate: 0% (haven’t started working on it but plan to match TGR Jane plate)
Interest Check Form:https://forms.gle/kzHEJUCiVf7Bjaio9