[IC] Dave's QMK, USB-C fc660c controller

Hey! Thanks for checking in.

The MCUs and connectors should be completed this week, so I would look to ship in the next two weeks if all goes well.

I believe I have 6 spares, so I am happy to put you down for one.

1 Like

What a wonderful development - I’m very thankful :).

Let me know the best way to stay in touch (I’ll watch notifications from this thread, of course). I’m happy to send over the funds whenever, to keep logistics simple for you!

I’m out in Colorado, and whatever mode of shipping is most convenient for you I’ll be glad to cover.

Thank you. My intention is to DM everyone in this thread (and elsewhere) individually and then post here with extras. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m from the Netherlands and I’d love to buy one of the controllers if there is still a spare left?

I am also interested in an extra if still available, please!
Shipping to France

Late to this, but registering my interest for a spare in the UK!

Heard! I’ll ping here when I have extras sorted out.

I hope it’s not too late. Interested in buying this cutie :pinching_hand:

I’m waiting for replies from a couple of folks, but will let you know if I have extras after its all said and done.

Awesome, I appreciate it :pray:

I initially planned to make an order myself and share spares with my local community (Poland). However, I ran into inventory shortages on JLCPCB. Some items can be easily ordered through Global Parts Sourcing, but it seems like Hirose is discontinuing the DF14-20P-1.25H(56) board-to-board connector used in this design:

Sadly, I lack expertise to determine whether the DF14-20P-1.25H(52) replacement part can be used as a drop-in replacement, or some adjustments need to be made to the design. I was looking for a way to discuss this with @Dave, and that’s how I ended up here :smile:

3 Likes

I ran into the same shortages, and found that the DF14-20P-1.25H(52) was a perfect replacement. I ordered mine at Digikey and soldered them myself. Buy with confidence! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finally installed this controller in my FC660C just for the USB-C port. I’m using the stock case, so I have no use for the RGB header, but the swap to USB-C brought the FC660C back into rotation on my desk. VIA / VIAL in the web both recognize it, so I’m happy.

3 Likes

Hello! I am unfortunately 6 months too late to join this group buy. Would @rooski15 or @Dave be able to point me to a Gerber/BOM/CPL file to produce my own? Would absolutely love to upgrade my FC660C to USB C!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Hi thank you so much for sharing this is great!!

Anyone have a spare controller to sell me?

Any chance to get one of these now?

Anyone still selling these?

I could also use a third one :wink:

1 Like