[IC] DSA Anaglyph

DSA Anaglyph

I had this idea to do a anaglyph keycap set because of a misprint on one of my mousepads. The design got printed 3 times or so, and it instantly reminded me of the red/blue 3D glasses.

Here is a rough idea of what the keycaps would look like

On paper, and on the screen, the design works pretty well with 3D glasses. If there is interest, I am going to order samples in to make sure that the design translates to keycaps.

We also have a couple designs for mousepads (samples already ordered).

3D glasses

Godspeed

And here is a kit that we are thinking about doing as well.

Specs

To Do:

• Add novelties
  • Lock in kit
  • Get samples made
  • Possibly get custom box made for the set
10 Likes

interesting idea, but i think XDA might work better because of its more flat top profile

2 Likes

thats trippy, really interested in how it turns out

I havent really been able to get a super crisp legend from any of the XDA manufacturers. With SP, I know I can get the crisp lines in dyesub that I think this set will require.

I absolutely love this idea. I like the 3d glasses mouse pad as well.

1 Like

This makes my eyes feel funny :laughing: Looks pretty interesting, though. Best of luck!

1 Like

cool idea Mike. I’d definitely be interested!

1 Like

Thanks! I am most likely going to order some samples in and see how they turn out.

1 Like

On one hand, these look really unique.

On the other hand, my eyes hurt looking at them.

Good luck and godspeed to whoever orders them, but they are not for me.

I agree. This is a cool concept and I think it would probably be easier to pull off well on XDA

oh. gotcha. thats unfortunate i always thought XDA was a more versatile profile

Neato. Now where is that 65% board?

1 Like

Pretty cool ideal, I like where this is going! Is this gonna be a all in or nothing set or will there be kits available? Considering it’s gonna be an all white set I bet there would be a good bit of interest in just the kits that will have the anaglyph legends, specifically the alphas, to mix & match with other DSA sets.

1 Like

I would be interested in knowing how the effect works on the finer lines for the mod legends. A mono white set would be okay, but some light grey mods could jazz it up, but I can see how that may diminish the 3D effect.

you didn’t answer, @mgsickler

:grin:

I’m a little red/blue color blind, so honestly at a glance this just looks like a white/black key set, fwiw. :slight_smile: