[IC] Emperor 75%

Welcome to the Emperor IC:

Prototype:

Note: the bar at the bottom of the OLED screen is a fault in the OLED model I bought it should not be there.
Some more prototype pictures over on my discord if you would like to check it out: Discord

Hi guys,
Finally got in the prototype and I would like your feedback on it. I have created a short form with some questions and I would appreciate it if you could fill it out thank you!

**Form:**https://forms.gle/yVRgQhKSbTgNuF7v9

Specification

Case:
-Aluminum 6063
-Top mount with rubber gummies in-between the plate (please check renders for info)
-Dimensions (front 19mm, back 34mm)

Plate:
-ANSI
-Polished Brass
-Polycarbonate

-layout:

Weight:
-Polished brass

PCB:
-Tokugawa Rev4.0 PCB
-Daughter boards (USB-C, OLED)

FAQ

About:

This is not the first ever design I have made. However, I know I still have a way to go and plan to improve throughout this. I also plan to make sure every part of the design will be refined throughout the prototyping stages to ensure the final product is perfect.

Inspiration:
This design was mainly inspired by the retro apple extended keyboards. I really liked the side profile of the keyboard as well as the excess material protruding from the top of the keyboard. As a designer and mechanical engineer I draw a lot of technical drawings. Therefore I thought it would be nice if there would be a dedicated place I could easily place my pen and reach it, another happy mistake with the pen holder is that a phone could be placed into the slot. The OLED screen was more of a experimental thing for the design. However, I really liked the way it turned out. Finally I called the design emperor because it represents the design standing out from others.

Updates
06/18
-After reviewing some of the feedback you guys have given me, I am planning to get a prototype ordered soon.
-I have removed unneeded machining time from the top frame to reduce cost
06/22
-I Have updated the size of the fillets on the USB-C cutouts to reduce machine time
06/28
-Prototype ordered
08/13
-prototype will be arriving in about a week

Disclaimer:

Everything on this interest check is a work in progress. Therefore, the design is not final and can have some changes made to it. This is to get a better working design as well as making it a higher quality product.

Questions:

If you have any questions or any improvement, I could make to the design please feel free to join the Emperor IC discord server:
-I have more detailed pictures of the prototype on the discord. I will also be posting a sound test onto the discord soon!

Renders:
please note that these renders are old and not updated to the prototype I will try to get new ones rendered soon!

Colors:

5 Likes

Wow you made a proto of it! Nice!

1 Like

Very nice design. Interested pending pricing.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes still waiting for pricing as I have some small changes to add to the design.

1 Like

Wow, this is a bold design and naming! I would be very interested to know the thought process behind them. Is there anywhere I can find out more?

1 Like

Updated the post with the thought process behind the design hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, really like the design language of this board! Also very happy to see just a good old top mount! Will be keeping an eye on this project, good luck moving forward OP!

1 Like