[IC] GMK Empire

This is a collaboration between Snappo, Duckboi and me. We would rather see one set succeed than none, so we decided to join force and work together.

Have you always thought you were meant for something bigger (come on, click)? Have you always thought this planet was not meant for you? This is your chance, this is your time! Enlist and come die for the EMPIRE!

Kits

Colors:
Alphas: WS2 - CR
Modifiers: CR - WS2

The keyset will be composed of three kits - they will be revised and are subject to change:

Core Kit

Here are some of the changes I requested:

• that the R2 delete keys be replaced by backspace keys;

• that two 6u (centered and off-centered) spacebars be added; and

• that a “5” barred key be added.

Spacebar Kit

• that the white 6u spacebar be taken out of the kit to be added in the core kit;

• that two 6u (centered and off-centered) and one 7u black spacebars be added; and

• that “little” spacebars be added in black as well.

Novelty Kit- a.k.a. the one that may never see the light of day

• that the R4 1u novelties be changed for 1.5u novelties;

• that the number of two novelties be doubled (four 1.25u instead of two, etc.); and

• that a couple of red novelties be added with a black Empire logo.

Extras
I am an artisan lovers, as a matter of fact what really decided me is that I have no good keyset to go with these little dudes.

• I contacted Booper to see if we could work something out and if I could get her on board;

• as of this morning (07/06) Alphakeycaps is on board and there will be a raffle for his Jedi Blinker which would work so well with GMK Empire!

• RAMA will produce something special (not the X/O keycaps) for this set, I will share more details when everything is done and will share some renders soon :slight_smile:

Every person joining the Empire GB will be granted one unique entry into the raffles IF I end up teaming up with someone!

Monochrome and Empire fusing

As mentionned at the beginning, Snappo and I have been talking about the sets and we have agreed it is better to work together to reach a common goal, rather than have our sets compete against each other.
We are keeping the theme of this keyset, the novelties (if Disney miraculously accepts) as well as the artisans but we are changing the white from WS1 to WS2 (see this and this), we are changing to Monochrome’s icon mods. Kits will be revised and might be subject to change. We are also thinking about a new name, hang tied :slight_smile:

GB Announcement
I still have to check with the vendors but I will either go with:

Pricing & MOQ

TBD as I’m still waiting the MOQ and the changes (like the addition to the novelty kit) but will update this in the next couple of days!

• Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

12 Likes

even if Disney say no to the novelty keys, I am so in for this set

1 Like

Really appreciate it!

I will run the set even if Disney says no to novelties (it would then just be Core and Spacebar unless I manage to find a nice idea to evoke SW without actually mentioning it).

perhaps blue and red novelty keys - like on Vaders chestplate…

1 Like

Ooh - I like that, with blue and red indicators on the board. Oof.

1 Like

perhaps blue and red novelty keys - like on Vaders chestplate…

I could actually look into that!

2 Likes

Hopefully Disney is amenable. I don’t know how things have changed since the standalone Lucasfilm days, but they used to be OK with a lot of this stuff.

I’d be in for a set for a variety of reasons, if only because I like pure black and white keys. But I have enough Star Wars t-shirts I probably wear a different one 4 times a week so…

I have enough Star Wars t-shirts I probably wear a different one 4 times a week so…

So do I haha, mostly from QWERTEE :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully Disney is amenable. I don’t know how things have changed since the standalone Lucasfilm days, but they used to be OK with a lot of this stuff.

I really do not know, someone on Reddit mentioned that they rejected his demand, so I really do not know what to expect.

holy copyright infringement, batman! jk i really really love this idea, i like how stark it is, and i really hope the same ghoul that reported the Minions artisans a few weeks ago doesn’t find this! nice job, would love to see some ATATs or bear walkers in that novelty kit, and maybe some blasters too for long (>=1.5u) keys. keep up the good work!

1 Like

That reminds me to do a Batman set.

1 Like

already exists @ChrisSwires …

1 Like

Mfw beaten to to the punch by mere days/months/years. Again.

3 Likes

Quick update:

I sent a message to Snappo to discuss a possible fusion of the keysets as I do feel that two sets so similar might hurt each other if ran at the same time/in a similar timeframe.

i hope that collab goes thru! would be a shame if they ran simultaneously.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like to make everything so the set don’t hurt each other so a collaboration seems like the best idea :slight_smile:
I will keep you guys updated hehe

1 Like

Update: Monochrome and Empire fusing

As mentionned in the original thread, Snappo and I have been talking about the sets and we have agreed it is better to work together to reach a common goal, rather than have our sets compete against each other.
We are keeping the theme of this keyset, the novelties (if Disney miraculously accepts) as well as the artisans but we are changing the white from WS1 to WS2 (see this and this), we are changing to Monochrome’s icon mods. Kits will be revised and might be subject to change. We are also thinking about a new name, hang tied

4 Likes

Excited to see what we can do from here :grinning:

3 Likes

Really glad the three of you came to an agreement over this so quickly, great work all! It would have been a real shame to see both struggle through competition.

3 Likes

Glad to see this happen! Camaraderie folks, this is what it looks like.

2 Likes

Thank you for changing the kit to include 6u center-stem in the base kit. Heck, I’ll pick this up just for the spacebars.

1 Like