[IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [NEW RENDERS ADDED]

Yay! I like the ortho/ergo kit. I’m sad I’m not much of a GMK person.

Updated main post with all the final (more or less) kits. Posting them here too.

R0/R5 — there wasn’t enough votes to make it worth rebuilding all the sets. Would you like me to consider building a supplemental R0 and R5 only kit in the future?

Added new renders (below and main post).

For those curious, this is N6 (the yellow I’ll be using) compared to the e-yellow Think6.5.

2 Likes

So… when and where does this go on sale? I want it!

March hopefully.

1 Like

Lunar Pad

This is the first mockup of a desk mat for GMK Lunar. Feedback welcome.

2 Likes

Guys, I have four deskmat designs and vendors are asking me to cut them down to three! Please let me know which one I should drop…

Novelty Pattern

Astronaut Looking Back at Earth from Moon (still a rough draft)

Authentic Technical Flight Plan

Flight Plan

1 Like

My vote would be to drop the first one; the Novelty Pattern.
The other three options are really cool!!
Let me know when I can order!

Even though I’m not a GMK guy and even though I’ve spent way too much on caps recently, I’m down for ortho DSKY.

The designs are beautiful, but why not make also smaller version like RAMA does.
Point no. 2. On most of the deskmats I see the main graphics in the middle. This will be of course cover by the keyboard.
Maybe make some with the main element on the side, left or right?

March 6!

Hell yeah!

The factory that these are being run through only makes 900x400 mm as far as I know.

Yes. Unfortunately, these centered designs don’t work well being off-centre. Only the pattern one solves that issue.

Probably worth investigating! I know NK’s vendor for deskmats does other sizes, but most designers I’ve checked with were not aware of this fact and weren’t informed it was a possibility they could request! I know Sour ran deskmats at 700x300 with them.

Dear everyone,

I just received the final prices from all the vendors today. Salvun’s artisans prices are still not 100% certain, so I will refrain from speculation.

— GMK Lunar has 77 new molds , which should make this one of the most unique GMK sets ever made.
— MOQ for the Command Module (base kit) is set at 150.
— Child kits are at 100.
— The Command Module + Lunar Module will allow you to cover 2 keyboards (one with split backspace etc.).
— I would also like to take this chance to thank GMK for all their help in graciously participating financially in this set , to help bring the price down, as well as the vendors, who have minimised their profits , to make it easier for all of you guys.
— The Command Module (base kit) offers completely custom modifiers and the whole design is based around the Apollo Guidance Computer, DSKY interface, and pays tribute to the upcoming 51st Anniversary of Apollo 11’s moon mission.
— The Assembly Kit is designed to cover as many layouts, as was feasible. It’s MOQ has already been bought out and it will be made.

The vendors participating in this group buy are as follows:

— The Key Company (USA): GMK Lunar – TheKey.Company
— MyKeyboard.eu (EU): https://mykeyboard.eu/
— Daily Clack (AUS): GMK Lunar
— iLumKB (SG/Asia): https://ilumkb.com/

Pricing is as follows…

USA

Command Module (base kit | 149 keys) — 160 USD
Houston! We Have a Problem! (novelty kit | 37 keys) — 75 USD
Lunar Module (alphas kit | 59 keys) — 65 USD
Landing Pad (Spacebars | 10 keys) — 25 USD
Service Module (assembly kit | 133 keys) — 165 USD

Europe

Command Module (base kit | 149 keys) — 151 EUR
Houston! We Have a Problem! (novelty kit | 37 keys) — 70 EUR
Lunar Module (alphas kit | 59 keys) — 57 EUR
Landing Pad (Spacebars | 10 keys) — 20 EUR
Service Module (assembly kit | 133 keys) — 160 EUR

Australia

Command Module (base kit | 149 keys) — 242 AUD
Houston! We Have a Problem! (novelty kit | 37 keys) — 113 AUD
Lunar Module (alphas kit | 59 keys) — 98 AUD
Landing Pad (Spacebars | 10 keys) — 38 AUD
Service Module (assembly kit | 133 keys) — 250 AUD

Asia

Command Module (base kit | 149 keys) — 224 SGD
Houston! We Have a Problem! (novelty kit | 37 keys) — 105 SGD
Lunar Module (alphas kit | 59 keys) — 91 SGD
Landing Pad (Spacebars | 10 keys) — 35 SGD
Service Module (assembly kit | 133 keys) — 230 SGD

Sidenote: The base kit, at 160 USD, with included numpad, is still cheaper than GMK Phosphorous was with a separate base kit (129 USD base + 34 USD numpad = 163 USD) and GMK Apollo (120 USD base + 50 USD numpad = 170 USD).

Group buy starts…

USA — March 6, 9:00 pm EST (e.g. New York)
Europe — March 7, 3:00 am CET (e.g. Paris)
Asia — March 7, 10:00 am SGT (e.g. Singapore)
Australia — March 7, 12:00 pm QTZ (e.g. Brisbane)

1 Like