[IC] GMK Monochrome

Confusion. There’s already GMK Stormtrooper and redux sounds like R2. I understand that there’s Star Wars things going on, but white and black doesn’t equal “Stormtrooper” or Empire and the Star Wars thing might fall through.

Honestly, this is more like GMK Tuxedo or GMK Contrast.

2 Likes

One thing I’m noticing immediate is that in the base set, you have icon mods, which is cool, but the 1.75u a [presumably] the extra 2.25 or 2u shift have icon and text. Any chance the whole set could be either all icons only or not all icons only?

1 Like

Yup, it’s mentioned just under the core kit render, we are changing that to icon only :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Star Wars theme is not only for the keyset but also for the artisans. This is something that was dear to me and Snappo and duckboi accepted to keep my theme.

I know black and white doesn’t equal Stormtrooper or anything related to SW, but as a matter of fact when I made the set (and I mentioned it in my original IC) I made it thinking about my artisan collection and how I wanted a Keyset to go with them.

That said, it’s just a name ^^ I hope you can still enjoy the Keyset despite the name :slight_smile:

They will be all icons. Its just a render mistake. We have contacted GMK about this error.

1 Like

Not a fan as a matter of fact, but good luck on the process.

Noted, thanks!

1 Like

I’m…visually challenged. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

this isn’t really relevant to me but wanted to see what others thought… if you use a control key in place of a caps lock key, shouldn’t we consider having an icon design for that key too?

3 Likes

This is a must, I hope it becomes a thing.

Love the colorscheme, and I love GMK’s molds and legends and pricing and all of that, but I just can’t do the ABS shine anymore. I wish GMK would do PBT.

Maybe in the far future, once EPBT Cracks reverse dye sub, we can run this again in PBT :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We are working hard to make sure it is . Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

One suggestion - stepped ctrl in the extras kit?

I’d ask for a 40’s kit, but. I ain’t going to buy out MOQ just so I can have one…

2 Likes

Noted, there is however a stepped control in the base set.

I agree. Really hoping this happens as well.

1 Like

Update time

This collaboration was first announced under the name Stormtrooper Redux. That said, after talking to GMK, and for licensing purposes, they asked us to check with Disney (or change it). Same goes for the novelties which is why we put them on pause. Novelty-wise, even if we got the approval from Disney, that kit would have a MOQ of 250 units and we are not sure we would reach it. Since we are slowly moving away from the theme, we decided to go back to monochrome :slight_smile: Sorry for all the confusion guys <2

4 Likes

Makes sense to me! Anything to get the set in hand guys.

2 Likes

A tough start but we will persevere :pray:

3 Likes

The name may change but the set definitely does NOT stop! We are working to make this a reality!

2 Likes