[IC] GMK Red Devils

Hello KeebTalk! Please allow me to introduce GMK Red Devils, inspired by the South Korean national soccer team and of course, Zambumon’s GMK Striker. Even though this team has achieved only modest success on the world stage, few things stir up Korean national pride and unity as supporting their team in a major tournament.

Colors

While the team has traditionally worn red and blue, I’ve chosen to go with the color scheme of their current kit–red and black–for a more modern look:

A note about the red: It’s really more of a deep pink almost, a very pleasing hue if I do say so myself.

Interest Check Google Form

KITS

Base

The base kit has compatibility for the most popular layouts in the community, from 60% up to TKL, and features the reworked icon mods introduced with GMK 8008/9009. It also includes accent options for Esc and Enter, a second Tab so you can outfit a second board with full modifiers, swaps for a Mac-oriented bottom row, and various spacebar sizes.

Numpad

The Numpad kit adds compatibility for layouts with a numpad, including 1800 layouts.

Forties & Split

The Forties & Split kit adds support for 40% layouts, both staggered and ortholinear, and split spacebar boards. It also includes full accent options for Esc and Enter.

Taegukgi

The Taegukgi kit is a small novelty kit taking inspiration from the flag of South Korea. It adds a strong graphic element to the set and would also pair nicely with GMK Minimal.

DESKPAD

The Korean Wave

An abstract representation of the Taeguk (Korean Yin/Yang) in the form of a wave. Stitching will be black.

Renders

TGR Jane

Keycult No. 1/65

RAMA M60-A

FAQs

1. What is 화이팅? 화이팅 (hwaiting), is a Korean word of support or encouragement, derived from a Konglish borrowing of the English word “Fighting!” It is frequently used as a cheer in sports or whenever a challenge such as a difficult test or unpleasant assignment is met. It can be translated as “Come on!” or “Let’s go!”

2. What do the symbols in the Taegukgi kit mean? These are trigrams, or 괘 (gwae), that you may recognize from the flag of South Korea. They actually can mean a myriad of things—including the cardinal directions. See below chart from Wikipedia:

3. NE ISO avail? There are no plans for ISO support at this time. Sorry.

4. NE extras (i.e. artisans) avail? A RAMA artisan is planned. If you would like to contribute an artisan or cable to this project, feel free to reach out to me. I also have a couple of ideas of my own that I can share.

To-Do

Feedback – Pending (Please fill out the form above)
Artisans – Pending
Vendors – Pending (If you are a vendor and would like to run this set, please feel free to contact me)
Date & Pricing – Pending
Launch GB – Pending

2 Likes

oooo i like the red chosen for this set! I’m psyched for this :yum:

That’s a real nice color way. I probably won’t go for it since I don’t speak Korean tho