LvL Type-01/80 Founding Edition
For updates and push notifications regarding this project, please join:
Discord | Instagram | Linktree
The Artifact Industries StoryArtifact Industries is a collaborative brainchild incepted by a serendipitous chain of events that brought together a team of passionate and multi-talented designers, engineers and entrepreneurs from Hurbon International Ltd. (@Taiwan) & Noto GmbH (@Germany).
We set out to capture the imagination and way of life in our exciting era. To observe, encapsulate and materialize “artifacts” by applying cutting edge manufacturing technologies, as well as distilling the values and virtues we hold close to our hearts within the design.
We believe a great design should represent the power of reciprocation. Every “artifact” should be gifted the power to induce inspiration for greater things, to affect the world a little nicer than previously. Like bouncing and polishing ideas from one another, like propagating positivity with one another, just as passing of the torch to the next.
A Word from the FounderIt is my absolute honor and pleasure to be able to work alongside Noto.Design a world renowned and extremely accomplished industrial design firm from Germany. Together, we are partners in building our high-end boutique brand, Artifact Industries (Designed in Germany, Engineered & Manufactured in Taiwan). It is also a privilege to collaborate with Sloky, a Taiwan Excellence Boutique award winning tool maker, so that our clients may enjoy the building experience with the exquisite hand tools. It is close to our heart that we never forget where we are from, and what better way than to share what Taiwan has to offer.
"It starts at the keyboard, and it ends at the far corners of the universe."
– Vincent Lowry
The Artifact Industries Team:
Phil Chen (Co-founder) @ Hurbon
Renner Wu (Mechanical Engineer) @ Hurbon
James Chan (Supply Chain Guru) @ Hurbon
Andre Poulheim (Co-founder) @ Noto
Julian Sommer (Industrial Design) @ Noto
Stefan Hohn (Industrial Design) @ Noto
Ira Mauve (Industrial Design) @ Noto
Yiangos Yiangou (PCB Designer) @ Yiancar Design
Demi Cui (PCB Designer) @ Yiancar Design
Please reference the second post for updates
Please reference the third post for additional renders/photographs
Design Renders - Exterior
Design Renders - Internals
- 4 or 8 Degrees quick-release cylinder stands for tool-less angle adjustment
- Suspended Isolated Grommet Mount
- Screw-less exterior
- Slim bezel design
- Low-profile front height (19.8mm)
- PCB compatible with QMK and VIA
- Universal USB-C Daughterboard
- Adjustable color LED and brightness (65535 colors), and modes (breathing, static etc.) with light guide
- Satin finished 6061 Aluminum housing
- Radial diamond cut finishing for the USB-C faceplate & cylinder stand faceplates
- Injection molded silicone dampening pad between PCB & Switch-Plate
Layout OptionsTsangan WK
Weight & Dimensions
- Estimated ~1.8kg (Full Kit)
- 154.5 x 357 x 18mm Depth x Width x Height (w/o stands)
172.5 x 357 x 31.6mm (w/ 4° Stand)
172.5 x 357 x 42.8mm (w/ 8° Stand)
Front-side height are 19.8mm for all configurations
Aluminum, Monochromatic Celestial Silver Sandblasted & micro-groove treated
Aluminum, Frozen Black (Included - MSRP TBD); or Carbon Fiber, Frozen Black 3K 2/2 Twill (Optional - MSRP TBD)
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) optimized for flex consistency
Slim bezel 80%
Suspended Isolated Grommet Mount (screwless exterior)
Custom molded silicone mid-layer with reinforced Poron base-layer
4 (Included - MSRP TBD) and 8 Degrees (Included - MSRP TBD)
Tsangan WK or WKL (symmetrical 1U blockers, supports PCB-mount stabs)
Black-core Hotswap, Arm MCU, QMK & VIA supported, customized unified USB-C D/B.
(1 x PCBA included – MSRP TBD)
Single side-firing programmable status LED, adjustable 65535 colors, adjustable brightness, breathing effect.
a). 1 x 3-piece medical-grade 0.5Nm torque limiting T6 screwdriver (Included - MSRP TBD) in collaboration with Sloky (A Taiwan Excellence Award winning tool manufacturer)
b). 2 x pairs of quick release cylinder stands (4 & 8 Degrees)
c). 8 x custom T6 CNCed, black electroplated steel Switch Plate to Housing Grommet Mount screws
d). 16 x black electroplated T6 steel screws for PCB to Switch-Plate
e). 5 x custom CNCed black electroplated T6 steel screws for Housing to Bottom Cover
f). 2 x 2 sets black electroplated T6 steel screws for Cylinder Stand
Extra screw sets provided for redundancy
Founding Edition is fully kitted (All accessories included).
Designed in Germany & Engineered & Manufactured in Taiwan
Founding Edition Limited run, QTYs TBD
Point of Sale
- The images are renders and are for illustration purposes only. The final product may differ slightly
- Keycaps, switches, stabilizers are shown for demonstrative purposes only and are not included with LvL Type-01/80 Founding Edition
- Keep in mind this is an interest check. Nothing, including options, pricing, etc, is final until the GB starts. This IC represents the most correct, up-to-date information we have regarding LvL Type-01/80 at this time. Based on prototyping and manufacturing samples, some things may change.
We will be announcing any changes, if any, here first, and on Discord as well.