[IC] SLK Dessau

This is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Please keep it SFW!

4 Likes

aha. now I understand 8bit pixel arts. missing anticipated details tickle our imagination. maybe even voyeuristic. interesting.

This was so fun to read. Thank you for this

1 Like

I’m very excited for these, and the backstory @Nostril provided helped was a great insight into the development process. I really appreciate the thought that went into this design.

I’m still super hyped for SLK Dessau. Any updates from @Nostril or @kema ?

1 Like

Right now, we have some samples ordered with the dye-sub manufacturer, and are working back and forth with them on color matching. We don’t have the samples in hand yet though, so nothing quite ready to share.

Meanwhile, we also have one more revision on the way for the plastic injection molded 1u’s - which is addressing a stem looseness issue that we had on our previous iteration. The previous iteration didn’t have any issues besides the stem looseness, so hopefully this coming version will be perfect.

3 Likes

News: GB set for Q2. Vendors announced. Site up on FKCaps. Hype meter resurging.

New color-matched renders from the Synth Labs discord:

3 Likes

I’m so hyped for finally seeing them go to production. Stuff will get great.

1 Like

Group buy will run during May. Website updated. Cannon keys is US vendor, others worldwide.

Hype re-engaged!

3 Likes

Looks like the GB date is 5/1 on CannonKeys. They have a page up for it:

2 Likes

Possibly a dumb question, but are these pure PBT? Or are they some sort of PBT/ABS blend like the CXA caps? I’m assuming PBT because dyesub, but just thought it was odd that the material wasn’t specifically mentioned.

Edit: found an answer on—brace yourselves for this shocker—the official product page for SLK Dessau (emphasis mine):

“SLK is an ultra-low MX compatible keycap profile 18% shorter than DSA. The keycaps are made of PBT plastic at least 1.5mm thick throughout, with a side skirt that extends down past the switch stem line to better hide the switches underneath. Durable legends and color are applied using a dye-sublimation process.”

Definitely picking up a set now that I know it’s PBT!

4 Likes

These look so intriguing, even though I am not particularly keen on the colourway, I find the profile quite interesting. Might just have to try these out!

A heads-up that this GB is closing tomorrow. I’m in for one base black set. I was going to get both black and white, but I really feel like the black looks “classier” and I can’t really justify both with current funding levels.

1 Like

Same! I went with the black base and compact sets. I like both colorways, but I just bought Modo Light not long ago and the colors are very similar.

… plus MTNU is coming out soon and my wallet is :woozy_face:

1 Like