IC: Sorbothane Sheets

I’m definitely interested in picking up a few sheets.

I’m interested too!

Me too. Need enough for a few boards. If we can have these stocked regularly by usual suspects after GB, that’d great.

Coming soon to a GB post near you :eyes:

Once I spell Sorbothane correctly

4 Likes

Update. 9/10/18.

Sorry this has been a bit delayed but…

I may have just got some good pricing for 12" x 12" sheets…

10 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

same here!

Looking forward to the GB

Will the pre cut version be offered as well or is that something for the future ?

I would get some sheets anyway… I think I can use the left over strips for stabilizing my hdds in my Nas enclosure …

1 Like

If huey isnt doing precuts yet im thinking ill just give it a shot by tracing the plate cutouts on the sheet with a box cutter

My thoughts exactly. I got some 3$ automotive insulation foam from Amazon to practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Another small delay because i’m awaiting quotes for 60% precut plate sheets. These will be sheets that you can fit between your plate and PCB. They will be approx 2.5mm thick.

Once I get this quote I will commence the GB.

The GB will feature

6" x 12" sheets

12" x 12" sheets

and standard 60% plate cut sheets
(for now just standard, in future runs will have alternate layouts)

If get a standard 60% plate cut sheet, you could always make extra cuts to accommodate a WKL bottom row+ stabs, a stepped caps, and a split R_shift (and ISO if you’re about that…). Just be sure to be careful with your scalpel/box cutter/cutting instrument.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I hope to start this soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good News: GB Will commence this Friday

Bad News: No Plate Cut Sheets; the pricing is too high <insert a number between $100 and $200>.

I will still have the 12" by 12" as well as the 6" x 12" sheets. Everything will be shipped in bubble mailers.

6 Likes

Nice. Too bad on the plate cut sheets, but on the positive side, using the GB to load up on raw materials will be great incentive to try a few experiments I’ve been meaning to do. Thanks for pushing this forward!

2 Likes

Perfect !

I am an imbecile, but I wonder if there are folks in the community who could build a 3D printed “cookie cutter” that one could hammer on the sheets to punch them out ? or better, we could fashion something out of sheet metal ?

There… someone make it happen, and I’ll buy :slight_smile:

Gb when?

Sometime after I get home from work hehe.

Still at work for another 7 hours

1 Like

I think the question is not if you’re going to have interest… but if you’re going to limit the GB size. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ready when you are…

3 Likes

Any updates here?

3 Likes