[IC] the Heavy-9: housing for FC980C keyboards

It’s technically feasible, but I don’t plan on it, for two specific reasons. This is a fairly large and expensive housing to make already, and it’s also not the most popular keyboard in the world, so I expect quantities to be fairly small. As such, I don’t think the economics would justify moving this project to a 5-axis; it would nearly double the price on what is already a small and expensive manufacturing run. Secondly, since the FC980C is essentially a big brother to the FC660C, the concept of the Heavy-9 design was to be a big brother to the Heavy-6 (which has been fairly well received), so I wanted to have a similar design language between the two.

5 Likes

Appreciate the thoughtful response, still looking forward to this. Thanks!

2 Likes

this would be in a set date unlimited GB right? I have been waiting for this so long, I have also bought the norbaforce just to satisfy the crave but I really need the numpad cluster.

2 Likes

Must satisfy the crave!

2 Likes

Absolutely.

2 Likes

Did we land on a GB date for this yet?

Not yet. Still just waiting on the powder coated prototypes back so I can shoot some photos.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:steel variant :crossed_fingers:

I don’t know how I missed this, but I am definitely interested. This could be my end game… (I think I say this every time)

2 Likes

Definitely interested in this!

i bought 2 fc980c’s the moment ryan hinted wind of this last year. :laughing:
2 hasu controllers sitting somewhere too… I’m stoked this is looking to pan out!

im in for vhs and royal wrinkle for sure!

5 Likes

Yup, I’m in!

2 Likes

I want this so bad, would pretty much be the last keeb related thing I purchase.

1 Like

I’ve got all the factory quotes in hand now and am just working on writing up the pre-order page, which I hope to have live in the next few days. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You must be new here…

:wink:

1 Like

I’ve heard this one before :wink:

1 Like

I mean, I have 2 kids already and a 3rd on the way; 5 boards, 6 if you count the one I gave to my coworker. I recently sold a modded HHKB and a tofu65, will probably continue to use the Anne Pro 2 for my tablet PC since it’s come in handy working from home. I have a modded FC660M that’s sitting in a box that I probably won’t use.

Basically, my FC980C kinda ruined everything for me…

1 Like

It’s live ladies and gents!

1 Like

Indeed it is.

And I’ll follow standard forum protocol and close this IC thread so we can move our conversation over to a new GB thread. See you guys over there! :slight_smile:

3 Likes