[IC] the Heavy-9: housing for FC980C keyboards

Omg I’ve Ben waiting for this. Absolutely in.

1 Like

With a Novatouch, HHKB Pro 2, and HHKB Pro JP in my collection, I had no reason to consider the FC980C.

Now I feel like I have to get one. This looks absolutely stunning.

1 Like

hmm… was hoping to see smaller before bigger, but I’d have a hard time turning down anything by @norbauer

1 Like

I’m actually not sure yet which will come first. I’ve been taking advantage of a lot of free quarantine time to move a lot of projects forward. :slight_smile:

Huh, this was unexpected but it may be the case that finally makes me take a leap and get a Topre board (and actually try an 1800 layout for the first time!).

The Leopold boards don’t have MX sliders or anything, right?

Check this out

2 Likes

I hope there are more colors being considered than the white, black, and VHS. I really need a Retro Refrigerator board in my collection.

100% in. Now I just need to get an FC980C before they become scarce.

2 Likes

Haha. This is an unfortunate curse of my making housings for keyboards: they always seem to run out of stock around the time I start offering my GB. I have always assumed this was was just coincidental, but you implicitly raise an interesting hypothesis: perhaps it’s partly causal. :blush:

2 Likes

Voted for anodization as I already own a VHS and Royal Wrinkle, but I’m more eager to see any new coat ideas you come up!

Yes

I am waiting so long for this.

I actually picked up well-priced second-hand FC980C around 2 years ago low-key waiting for a Norbauer case so I’m definitely quite interested in this one. I’d love to see some of those unique powder coat options available such as VHS and Aperture :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time - I was hoping to see it in the Palm Desert finish you had for the Norbaforce MkII but I’ll have to get one of these :heart_eyes:

I’ll be very interested if the price is under $300

It won’t.

Probably looking around $500 for one of these beasts. The Heavy-6 was more than $300 so unless @norbauer feels like playing Santa Claus for the community don’t expect it to be under $300.

I feel like he would have phrased it like that if it were to be under $300 - here he says just under $500

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately just the raw direct costs of producing this in the US will be around $300 for a design like this, and that’s before accounting for any overhead.

So far the keyboard side of my business has always operated at a loss, so I feel like the Santa Claus approach is pretty much the one I already take. :blush:

8 Likes

I need a monolith heavy 9.

2 Likes