[IC] the Heavy Grail: a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

not yet, I know mr. Lord Norbauer is working hard to get all the pieces in the right places (this might be his most complicated board to date and most popular). It’ll come, but for now we’ll all have to wait patiently!

4 Likes

You mean Lord Norbauer *ahem :wink:

5 Likes

The anticipation is killing me lol. so excited to get my hands on an aperture with pink plate

3 Likes

I’m afraid this is just the wait for the official wait to begin :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just waiting on one last piece of into (updated lead time) from machine shop. That is what I was hoping to get by Monday evening, but I spoke to the guy this morning and he said he should have it by end of day today; then I just have to write it all up and post. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

@Goguma Thanks so much for the information, I’m fine with an extended QC time as long as I can get my hands one it haha.

@norbauer Thanks for the update, I know I’m going to be periodically refreshing this page throughout the day.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

1 Like

While we’re all waiting, here is a preview of a quick typing test I shot with a couple of different configurations using the latest prototype switch plate. Very little will change between this plate and the production ones, so you can consider it fairly indicative of the actual sound. Even the stock Heavy Grail sounds and feel pretty great to me.

Compare to stock HHKB:

22 Likes

:hot_face:

2 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Few questions about the config:

Stock 45g domes?
For the silenced video, are these purple sliders or regular ones with aftermarket silencing rings?
If silencing rings, which ones?

Sounds awesome though! Seriously looking forward to it

1 Like

Yes, stock 45g.

Regular HHKB sliders with Deskeys silencing rings.

4 Likes

LORT i cannot wait. I’m officially sold on vhs or k2

1 Like

4 Likes

haha. That was my favorite movie when I was in the 5th grade.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Nice. I actually prefer this in my Hybrid over my Hybrid Type-S.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

Well, at long last it’s time to move this over to an actual group buy thread. :partying_face:

3 Likes