[IC] the Norbaforce Mark II

I uh.

I wonder.

Since the Keeb Who Shall Not Be Named has an integrated molded plate…

Metal top plate with housing cutouts to drop stuff into?

This is extremely helpful. Thanks, mrp!

I did the same, as I also didn’t think the MKII will also include it (like the MKI)

The stainless is heavier and denser, but I haven’t tested its acoustic effects. I offered the stainless PVD plates because a lot of people specifically asked me for that material and finish. PVD on stainless obviously allows certain looks that aren’t possible with powder.

The other main difference is that the PVD plates were purchasable separately. My deal with the factory for the Norbaforce Mark IIs is that they come as a set, so I haven’t planned to make the powder-coated galvanized steel plates available separately. I did think briefly about selling the powder-coated separately, but ultimately decided that if I was going to offer an after-market upgrade plate that it would make sense to make it something special and go all out (stainless and PVD), offering it as a separate GB that would ship sooner than the Mark IIs. The NF MK II group buy already has 18 SKUs, which makes logistics hard to manage, and I just didn’t want to add the complexity of selling plates separately on top of that into this GB.

Apologies for any confusion, but FWIW, I did mention this in the GB thread.

I have a creative solution to this problem: make my own plate.

14 Likes

can’t believe this is finally happening

1 Like

Oh boyyyyyyyy it’s happening :scream:

1 Like

make a plate we can stick Plum housings into and have actually good mx stabs!

This is a project very much still in development, a few months off. I’ll start a new thread on it soon. But my focus right now is Norbaforce Mark II. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I belive i can fly

1 Like

Proper MX stab support will make end game true for me. 55g Topre + DES-sliders + Silencing + Nobraforce + GMK caps, that’s a phat nut right there.

1 Like

DES Sliders? Do you have a link?

1 Like

They are being worked on. AFAIK as of right now they have the same wobble issue as the Niz sliders. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. In the meantime here’s the link to their discord to stay updated: Deskeys.io

1 Like

I always made my custom joystick cases with stainless steel. So definitely want to get at least one steel case. Love that you’re offering polished steel / aluminum options!

I was all in for Retro Refrigerator, but that polished aluminum looks soooo good

2 Likes

-rubs hands- Time to get an aperture finish!

Hope you get a chance to take picture set of aperture with the black R2?

Would you next make matching cases for the real force Tenkeypad

would look sick as x2 units on a desk

I’m still working on getting the GB page set up, which may take a few more days, as I’m also finalizing the details of the new service that allows pre-paying customs (which is 80% of the way there), but in the meantime I’ve finished all the product photos, see below. :slight_smile:

Note that each finish will be available in Standard and Winkeyless (WKL) versions.

K2 powder coat

Aperture powder coat

VHS powder coat

Palm Desert powder coat

Retro Refrigerator powder coat

Astrophysical powder coat

Tactical black Type III (hard) anodized

Veracity Steel (stainless, hand polished to a mirror finish) and heavy AF

12 Likes

OMG Retro Refrigerator is glossy! :heart:

1 Like

Wow the polished options (Veracity) look amazing

1 Like

That Astrophysical with GMK Laser :scream:
I just bought the Heavy-6 Aperture (no regrets) and now this…
Gotta talk to my wallet (some regrets)

1 Like