[IC] Topre Dolch

I shelved my set of the first run of EC 9009 without even opening them due to this misinformation. I recently broke them out for my 87u and low and behold, they were actually the same size or slightly larger than the stock realforce keys. The pics posted in this thread look identical to my 9009 set.

1 Like

yeah I’m not sure where exactly people got this idea from, I know people love to hate on chinese vendors but I’ve never had a bad experience with KBDfans, Topre or otherwise.

1 Like

Here is an album of photos of my hhkb comparing the pbt kbdfans cherry keycaps to the stock hhkb oem keycaps.

As the bottom picture shows, the thickness seems similar between the two, however I don’t have the instruments to properly measure them.

I would add that the stock keycap stems fit more snuggly to the hhkb topre sliders.

Granted the profiles are different, but I think it’s pretty clear that the kbdfans keycaps have comparatively excessive spacing between keycaps both horizontally and vertically. Moreover, there is a slight sound difference (I prefer the stock keycap sound). The kbdfans keycaps are second hand, but seller tells me they purchased them off kbdfans in August 2020.

Admittedly, many of the kbdfans keycaps have better legend designs, and I’ve been choosing to use them for that very reason over the stock keycaps. Thought I’d share some photos I took while returning to the stock keycaps.

Not trying to be a downer or go negative here, just trying to add some information to the world.

4 Likes

Thanks for the photos. I have the Biip 2048 topre keycaps from KBDFans and the be bigger spacing is also there. Because of the color+rougher surface+snug fit(quieter/no rattle) I prefer them to stock.

2 Likes