[IC] Workmat - High Quality Silicone Work Mat, Colors, USA Made

Hi everyone! Active on other avenues for keebs, was recommended Keebtalk by someone and so here I am.

Our Workmat is hand cast from vacuum degassed silicone, tinted in lovely colors. It measures 15" x 25", that’s or 62.5 cm x 38 cm in Metric. The large bays will hold 110 switches piled up.

Interest has already been very positive already, and we are moving to color proving this week. We have silicone and pigment on order and are going to workout final color mixtures, so that will likely be the first major IC update.

The imgur gallery shows current colors that are highly probable to be available so far.

Thanks in advance, and any feedback is super welcome!

6 Likes

I guess I dont have permission to put links to the GH thread and the Reddit IC, or the Google form. PM me! (sorry)

PS I can’t find the guidelines on what I need to do to get these permissions. Sorry if this is cheesy ettiquette.

Probably some anti-spam measurements that new accounts can post external links immediately. Probably no bad idea, but can also be counter-productive like in this case.

1 Like

I totally get it

Feel free to sent me these links as PM (in the hope that this works) and I can post them here as comment.

Thanks, Thats a huge help!

Discord

IC form

Website

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/americanhaptics/
Geekhack IC thread

3 Likes

there it is, i had to go through the bot tutorial in private message to earn the trusted cert. Thanks for the offer to post those anyway!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Thanks for your interest!

The Workmat will very likely enter presale and production! I want to repost this thread, or re make it so it is tidy, so maybe a mod can come in and close this topic for us. There have been quite a few updates since posting and we are in the color testing phase.

The size of the mat prohibits automated manufacturing, so we will always be casting this product. You can see more pictures on the GH post and soon on the imgur gallery.

Thanks again!

Forgive me, I didn’t realize that commenting would bump the thread. I guess there is no real reason to close and remake it.

Up to you, Mods.

Hey everyone major update on the Workmat. We have machined the aluminum master and are preparing to make molds and prototype mats asap! More pictures of the master are on our Instagram and on the GH thread mentioned above.

Hoping to go into presale next week if everything works as planned.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible!

3 Likes

Hey guys here is an update on the workmats. These are just some shots of prototypes. We are working out all the manufacturing kinks. Apologies for our hubris in thinking casting these mats would be so easy. We hope to proto all 7 colors as soon as possible.

Thanks for hanging with us!

Guess it’s to late now, but a grove under the “buckets” that could dubble as a switch holder(and other stuff like pens and what not) would be sweet.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea. It is a bit late on this mat, but we hope to keep developing this type of product in the future, so a pen tray type groove might find it’s way into a future mat.

1 Like

I actually like how this is turning out now that I’m seeing the prototype :thinking:

2 Likes

thank you!

New photos are up in the discord and they are super nice. The quality is on point.

Before presale goes live, and for the presale post on keebtalk, I want to make one final announcement about final colors. Our supplier has agreed to do pantone matching, but the minimum quantity is out of reach for doing one-off prototypes. I will post an infographic with the current prototype colors and the chosen pantone colors. I think we are going to be close enough to meet any expectation about what a given color should be. Hand mixing pigments in small batches is just too inconsistent.

Basically, as soon as we have shipping and shopping cart details figured out for the website, we will launch a GB/Presale post here and elsewhere, and direct it to the website where all details will be explained. We expect this to happen next week!

Just a few teasers for you.

1 Like