[IC] Yui660c, Custom Leopold Fc660c Case

Hello all, I am SirCheddar and this is an IC for my Yui660c design, a custom case for the Leopold Fc660c Topre keyboard.

Project Details:

1. Weight is 1.6 kg, or about 3.5 lbs
  2. Case Details:
    a. Case design, aluminum
    b. Bottom panel, aluminum
  3. Color Options: https://imgur.com/a/uCGrEXK
  4. Glamour shots: https://imgur.com/a/PIJcqdc
  5. Typing test: Yui660c Typing Test, Custom Leopold Fc660c Case 5.11.2020 - YouTube
  6. Assembly video: Yui660c Assembly Video, Custom Leopold Fc660c Topre Case 13.11.2020 - YouTube
  7. My website: sircheddar.com
  8. My instagram: sir.cheddar
  9. My reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/TheSirCheddar

Pricing: 299 USD, including shipping to US/EU/Asia (any place not super hard to get to).
Timeline: From closing GB to shipping customer boards, approximately 6 weeks.

15 Likes

Does this forum have bumping?

Wow those are some hefty bezels :eyes:

Do you have other pictures of the case? Typing sounds? Pictures of assembly?

Below $300 sounds pretty impressive if it can be done. With just anodization be available?

1 Like

that’s a thiqq boi

FCThicThicstyC

Hello Huey, happy to see you taking a look at my post! I hope you are doing well. It’s been so long since we’ve met!!

I have posted a typing test and an assembly video on my youtube channel. Not sure I can post it here but the name can be searched on YT pretty easily, “yui660c”.

Right now, on a different forum, I am selling these prototype cases for under 200 USD before shipping. So I am sure when I offer higher volumes (5 or more units is what I consider higher volume) I can reach those price points I have stated.

I really wanted to do this as an in-stock sale because I would rather not take risks with the customers money, but in my opinion mechmarket and r/mk has a large bias towards group buys, so it seems the best way forward.

1 Like

This is cool! Do you have any more photos of sides, back etc?

Also, what’s the typing angle of the case?

Hi macclack, I can upload some more pictures of the back, sides of the design, but they are entirely flat, not necessarily any thing interesting there. The USB port is fitting nicely, that took a few iterations.

This design is flat. There is holes milled out for cone feet, and cone feet are included, for those that need to have an angle.

Oo, I forgot to answer the question about finishing options. Right now, there is very little interest, so if the sale does proceed, I probably can’t offer more than just anodizing for the time being. I can offer custom powder coating or cerakoting, which I would handle for you with local shops, but the powdercoating is 70 USD and then Cerakoting is 150 USD, so I doubt there is much interest in those options.

Here are the anodizing color swatches. These are going to be options for all of my designs… the 660c case, my yui40, and the yuikp 65.

2 Likes

Hey! I finally got some a link to more of my pictures going. I am quite terrible at advertising and marketing, so bare with me ]:

I hope you’re doing fantastic as well! Hopefully once Covid and everything is over we can see each other again at a meetup :smiley:

You should be fine to post once you reach basic trust level on our platform:

TLDR:
Get to trust level 1 by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
  • Send PMs
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • Mute other users

wow this is lovely … looks blue grey ish :3 so this is commission only?