Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

yea, ill admit i still got a bunch of the mystery switches just cause i like having some stock of switches (even if theyre not great) incase i need to use them. But I only got them when I ordered something else from NK. I never ordered them on their own

wow, they sold out in less than 8 minutes? I went there at 1:08 and it says sold out :frowning:

Is it really sold out already? Is anyone else seeing that? Thought it went up at 11PST?

1 Like

Yep. I checked on discord. It sold out in like 6 min.

Looks like NuPhy’s Baby Kangaroo switch will be available from other vendors when they come out.

5 Likes

Talk about price pressure! Full CNC gasket mount case for a hair over $100. Looks like they ordered thousands, so unit cost is low.

This is less than a spray painted Bakeneko, and half the cost of a Brutal60. yikes.

4 Likes

Funny thing is that the same keeb is up on Kickstarter/ GH IC :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hey! Some of us like those unpopular box switches! :wink:

Same here. Even for the switches I didn’t think I would like, I found it interesting to try them out a very low price point. Also, I was able to get 70 mystery switches for about $15 including shipping and tax, so it was a no-brainer for me. Managed to get Midnight BOX Jades (basically 5-pin recolored BOX Jades), Kangaroo Inks, and NK Creams for $45 total. I’d definitely take them up on mystery switches again.

2 Likes

I mean really, for that price it’s almost worth it to quench the curiosity. The plate is really the only thing that’s a little limiting but I’m also weird about always having plate files.

1 Like

I love typing on my Kangaroo’s — thanks again to you for your review @Deadeye

I wonder, in what way are the ‘Baby’ different?

2 Likes

GeekHack page on LM60 ‘GB’.

Looks like LM60 plate is compatible with Sangeo 60. To find 3rd-party plate options, just google “sangeo60 plate”.

I was thinking about getting a pair of cases from KBDfans, Blade60 and wooden Tofu, for around same price range. I like having many similar cases and already have a lot of spare parts from previous 3 Tofu builds so I’ll likely go with my original plan but this is very tempting.

3 Likes

Even Varmilo is getting in on the premium 40s market:

5 Likes

Givin’ me 40% clueboard vibes right here

2 Likes

Dude. We need more of this. Wrapping cool cases around readily accessible PCBs opens up all kinds of possibilities. I asked the seller if it be cool to mix and match colorways, two-tone.

3 Likes

sale on some instock stuff here: Flash Sales! – zFrontier

1 Like

Old is new again! I bet they’re doing it way better now, though.

My first metal keeb in like 2016 was a Filco MJ2 in one of YMDKs cases. Lets just say I liked the idea more than the reality - but that was before things like gasket mounting or focus on typing angle were on the radar for manufacturers like that.

That case converted the MJ2 to top-mount - I wonder if someone could do a gasket mounted version with a comfortable typing angle…

4 Likes

Frost Witch 2 is live! must… not… buy

https://switchmod.net/collections/frostwitch

1 Like
2 Likes

Yup, those mods look a bit like DSS Sencillo. Same thing going on with the thickness as well.

What it looks like to me is the Baby version is based on the Gateron Pro 2.0 line, but with a bump like the Ink Kangaroo. It looks to retain the short travel and top-bump character from that link.

NuPhy says it’s a collab between them and Gateron, but nobody else mentions them including Gateron, so maybe not lol

3 Likes