Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

XOX70 from Thocc Supply is a FKL TLK with a lot of nice colors and great layout options for the solder version. Price is $365-380 and GB runs until the end of September.

Edit: fixed a typo in the board name.

5 Likes

This is a really good deal for a flexy, hot swap PCB that supports ANSI and TSANGAN layouts. If you don’t care about LEDs/RGB this looks great. And it claims to have QMK/VIA support.

5 Likes

JWK Blueies are out!

4 Likes

This is at the top of my list for new PCBs to try out :slight_smile:

Do you know anything about this designer? Thanks for posting this, I am interested. Just trying to vet this person out before I join :joy:

The designer is new to me, but I saw that @rpiguy9907 is selling the M0110 he owns, which was also from ThoccSupply, so maybe he has some insights on this?

alextos did a build video for the XOX70 as well:

3 Likes

I know pre-builts isn’t the jazz here, but Corsair is releasing the Corsair K100 AIR with Cherry MX Low Profile Tactile switches.

Haven’t tried out the clicky variant that came out some time ago, but it’s cool that they didn’t stop with just one design. Maybe a linear version is next?

1 Like

@ListlessLlama as far as I know this is a project internal to ThoccSupply and they were assisted by Peac Design (the team that designed the PLX sixty percent). This is ThoccSupply’s second or third large group buy. The Hello M0110 was quite a learning experience for them. They let the China factory handle packing and fulfillment, and they had the typical problems with communication and expediency. They claim they are changing how they fulfill future group buys, but haven’t offered too many specifics.

They have several protos, and there have been quite a few streams if you search Youtube. :wildcat should have a video out soon too.

All in all, they are a solid vendor working with a newish, but praised design studio.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s it’s name is, but I really like the look and it would match my love.
Edit: 70O seems to be the name.

6 Likes

KPrepublic just added a cheaper gasket mounted PSD60 case but it doesn’t say if it is poron gasket

Edit: Quality of PSD60 seems to vary based on reviews on the older PSD60 cases

1 Like

That’s a beautiful 40% ortho. Love it.

2 Likes

This is a remarkable price. If the plate files were public it would bear consideration for best bargain option.

2 Likes

I reached out to the shop runner with some questions:

5 Likes

Nice find! This really is an amazingly good price with free shipping to the US to boot. According to the listing page, it’s just over a full kilogram for the case alone.

Are any compatible plates like the ones for the GH60 or BM60 public? For those that CAD well and can 3D print a test plate, I feel like it wouldn’t be too difficult to take an existing plate file and add the little gasket tabs.

Thanks for pointing me to the article. I hope they can make the business model work and it sounds like they’re taking everything into account. Something like Milktooth would have been super helpful when I was starting out in mechs… and I could see myself saying “oh, I like several of these switches” and ultimately buying more than if I was just ordering blindly.

Side note, but “Milktooth” is a great name for a service like this that appeals to people just cutting their teeth on the hobby.

3 Likes

Tecsee long-pole linear I hadn’t seen yet; nothing particularly new about it, but I’m a big fan of their HPE housing material. I guess these would be very similar to Oni switches, but with a Nylon bottom instead.

Short travel @ 3.5mm, but normal actuation @ 2mm.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind comments! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bolsa Supply is launching there new Namazu switches this Wednesday. 3.5mm is on the shorter side of travel distance, correct?

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct. 3.5mm is fairly common for long pole stems. Standard travel is 4mm but 3.5mm is towards the upper limit for stock switches.

Edit: I would’ve called that travel distance, not actuation distance if I were them. Actuation distance of 3.5mm implies that the switch does nothing until then. Maybe they’re making an anti-speed switch.

3 Likes

Must be a typo, unless they want to use bottom out as actuation.

I dislike shorter travel switches. They leave me feeling short-changed.

4 Likes