Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I have two channels already done this. I’ve been looking for a few minutes where there are new messages.

1 Like

:metal:

4 Likes

Skidata looks really good on DCX! At least in renders…

6 Likes

The Zeal “SURPRISE” code I used worked really well. Thanks for the heads up! :smile:

3 Likes

Dang! That’s some sweet discount right there. Like the most I’ve ever seen from a promo code. :partying_face:

1 Like

Between the Zeal deal, the Kangaroo Ink stems and springs, and the free MT3 set, I feel like everything is coming up Milhouse this week!

5 Likes

Mega sale on SA Spectra, GMK Sixes, DSS Late Harvest over at MKUltra.

2 Likes

I wish MKUltra would finish shipping their Spectra group buy orders before selling it as in-stock. I’ve been waiting over a year, and Kono shipped it to their GB customers a month ago.

I’m getting pretty nervous now that several of the sets I ordered from MKUltra are listed as out of stock, while my orders are still “awaiting fulfillment.”

I quit using MKUltra a long time ago. Not a place I wish to do business with and hearing they’re selling to the public before fulfilling a GB order doesn’t surprise me in the least.

2 Likes

I only went with them because I heard so many bad things about Kono, the only other US vendor. But I have to say, I’ve never had any issues with Kono shipping stuff immediately.

Kono definitely has a checkered past based on other people’s experiences, but I’ve personally never encountered any problems with them.

1 Like

I don’t know if you caught this or not, I saw this posted elsewhere as I don’t often Reddit.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t seen that. I feel bad for his health, even if it hasn’t been the greatest buying experience. Hopefully he keeps his word, that outstanding GB orders will still ship.

Tried a sample of these from SwitchOddities - no surprise they seem good, Aflion has been making great switches lately. For 55 cents, I think these are an great factory-lubed option.

Unlike some other recent Aflions I’ve tried, these have a full 4mm of travel - and the stem is shaped so that the pole and feet of the stem both bottom-out together, so you get a nice clacky sound without giving up travel or stability at the bottom.

Edit: a little more detail - they have a similar feeling to Invokeys’ Black Sesame or Matcha V2 switches, though these have a POM top. They share with Invokeys’ switches that “solid” quality, for lack of better words. I think a little more texture comes in with the POM; I can hear it more than feel it if I listen close, but pushing normally they’re nice and smooth.

6 Likes

full 4mm of travel - and the stem is shaped so that the pole and feet of the stem both bottom-out together

Noice. POM top + Nylon bottom is an interesting combo as well.

2 Likes

Love the sound of that combo. I’m using gateron baby kangaroos which has that same plastic combination.

1 Like

Tempted

*For Topre boards.

5 Likes

Unless you are only buying the keycaps for showpiece purposes, don’t buy it yet. You definitely need to wait and hear if they’ve fixed the issues from the first run of this mold. It was very problematic. Keycaps colliding with housing, and keycaps not fully seating into the switch. It was an overall terrible typing experience. I’ve asked for clarification but it’s been radio silence… which is probably a bad sign.

9 Likes

ShandonCodes is currently prototyping a TKL in the style of their Mino (below) called the Lino. More news to come soon, apparently.

Mino DIY kit

Drop has a special running, no sales tax for US and free international shipping (with code) for orders above $50

4 Likes