Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I didn’t realize there was a preorder for MX2A Ergo Clear and Nixies ($1 per switch though, and no full nylon housing for Ergo Clears).

3 Likes

Misleading vendor’s name (Cherry Xtrfy) and overpricing at $1 a switch are major turn-offs.

6 Likes

Yes please don’t anyone scramble to get these and pay extra. These will surely be available at all of the major vendors

10 Likes

Of course I wouldn’t buy it from the start but yeah, I rather wait for someone’s thoughts on the switches first.

2 Likes

The name is actually one of Cherry’s official site. Xtrfy is a gaming brand and was then owned by Cherry a few months ago. But yeah, obviously the price is awful.

3 Likes

This reminded me of my analysis of the two-stage spring in the conversation about springs we had a couple of weeks ago:

3 Likes

I know the KBDFans Tiger Lite board has several fans on this site that were annoyed that KBDfans discontinued it.

I noticed that oddly enough Geon is stocking it (at least for now) with a different PCB and several plate options. I am really liking the Blue Light variant.

If I needed to build a lightweight board to bring to work, this would be it.

2 Likes

This is seriously a nice board. Do recommend. Can’t speak for the crazy PCB. But the stock one I have from KBDFans is a favorite in my collection.

I feel like the spring would also help with smoothness, as the spring will have less surface to touch when compressed while being more stable.

@pixelpusher Last comment on the Trash Icons over at SP. I can’t decide if they look any better on SA. The SA font is slightly bigger, but I think they still look off.

It hasn’t dawned on me until now that MX2A’s Barrel Spring means my real options are:

• MX Red
  • MX Black with MX Brown’s barrel spring.

until 3rd-party barrel springs become available.

1 Like

The entire point of red velvet was to fund molds for alpha legends with fatter line weight to match trashcons better - but SP mistakenly made the alphas like 30% smaller than intended. There was lots of drama surrounding that set, and amidst a handful of other fuck ups SP’s reputation in the 40s scene has taken a nosedive.

4 Likes

That’s a shame. Has the community given up or is there someone still trying to get SP to get it right?

1 Like

That ship has sailed for DSA Red Velvet, Signature Plastics and the set’s vendor couldn’t come to an agreement about redoing the small alphas. There’s talk of a rerun in a different profile by a different manu.

3 Likes

Based on my experience with the 65%, I agree!

3 Likes

LOL. Loved the “Honeymoon period” bit. So true.

1 Like
5 Likes

I think i like it! Seems like a good progression in design.

Now… make walnut accent. PLEASE

4 Likes

Yes this is an instant order for me. I said I was done with 60% after I ordered the Ladybird from Honey, but the Mode will likely ship first anyway :rofl:

2 Likes

These actually look kind of neat.

Frankly they seem like a combination of NK_ Creams+ and NK_ Cream Clickies; that is, combining a modular stem-pole with a thin membrane that it bottoms-out on (like the snapple-cap rests on in the Clickie).

If they can get the modular poles to stay in place I love it.

But dang if “Panda” isn’t worn-out as a switch name at this point…

6 Likes