Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

matt3o received MTNU wob, beige and susu and will do a quick livestream of them later today

He posted a picture of the boxes on his discord

9 Likes

No one should be paying full price for keycaps from Vala since they seem to do sales every other week it feels like lol

1 Like

Both the beige set and black set look really good. Not a fan of the color for the green accent with the beige, but I just won’t use it. Susu looks nice. Definitely more of a vintage vibe with that warmer gray and yellow legends. I still like the MT3 Susu, too. The warping on the space bar does seem acceptable, but dang, they’re going to get roasted on reddit for it not being flat.

4 Likes

I don’t have a Norbaforce anymore but this is pretty cool. I suppose the ultimate “stock” Norbaforce would be a Veracity steel w/ the wool dampener plus the SS back-plate and this riser to prop it up. I think that’d be around $2k? (admittedly the Veracity Steel would be doing most of the work on the price).

2 Likes

It’s funny because the Norbaforce already has risers. I honestly think it takes away from the look of the board.

1 Like

Not sure about Norbaforce Riser but I do think similar accessory with replaceable inserts of different materials and patterns could significantly enhance keyboard acoustics at reasonable cost and convenience.

1 Like

GMK Hyperfuse is back … and the base kit is $224 USD :smiling_face_with_tear:

EDIT: My bad, the website was set correctly to CAD for once. It’s still 159 USD like the other websites.

Funny that they are doing this now that there are a million clones out there.

4 Likes

I saw that today too. But I’m confused. This is also a group buy listed on typemachina. Oco/Typemachina is in the US, right? Why does the US have 2 vendors? Maybe Kono is working as the Canadaland merchant?

3 Likes

Kono’s shipping to Canada is alot more expensive than Oco, so I don’t know about that. Having these 2 vendors running this set feels like choosing your poison. My first thought was maybe it’s just to ease the load for Oco? But then like who still buys GMK at this price in 2023 unless it’s less than 100-120 USD? Who still wants to buy from vendors that are incapable of doing their job? Confusing.

1 Like

Need stackable switch containers on the cheap?

Allcaps has theirs at 50% off right now, putting them at a ridiculous <$2 USD each!

3 Likes

SGI Alps keyboards at the VCF swap meet. One with white alps and one with undamped cream alps. Two hours left at the meet…

$70 each. Pained me not to buy but I have too much stuff!

9 Likes

Love the granite one.

2 Likes

These usually sell pretty quickly on eBay for $200-$250. I’ve been watching and bidding for about 5 years. Lol. But I would never pay that price for one unless it was in mint condition. Like you, I own too many things. And I actually own 3 of these already. $70 is a really fair price and a good deal since you wouldn’t have to pay extra for shipping. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The switches clearly needed to be cleaned which clinched it for me. If the switches had been less scratchy I would have picked up at least one for sure.

1 Like

It feels weird replying to myself but uhhhh, would you look at that a Vala sale lmao

5 Likes

holy crap. They’re about to go under :rofl:? Well I do seem to notice that a lot of incoming keycaps are through Vala. I guess they need to move product to make room?

1 Like

For sure, they need some TLC. But you could pull the keycaps and wash them and resell for $150 in a few hours. But then again I have a lot of things I “could” sell… but I’m too lazy to work with people.

1 Like

ngl I didn’t even notice it said that they’re going on clearance indefinitely O_o

1 Like

Vala has always struck me as a very odd outfit. I’d never seen one company take on so many group buys. It was enough that I’ve honestly avoided them because it just seemed sketchy. That said, they’re still here, so something must be working as far as their business plan goes.

1 Like