Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Same! I think HSA may be my (current) favorite profile.

But. The red and green is a little too Christmas-y for my taste. I’d 100% grab that mint color with black/dark green legends.

And that gradient is interesting, but again, I just don’t love asymmetrical gradient sets.

4 Likes

More places to get TTCs that aren’t an ocean away? Sweet. :slight_smile:

Hey look at that - looks like either NK, Gateron, or both decided to start calling the latest version of the North Pole “3.0” instead of “New __ 2.0” - good idea if you ask me.

TTC “Giant Heart” - hm - so, the Titan Heart, minus any reference to the show Attack on Titan? Wonder if that’s a licensing thing or a translation-of-feel-words thing. I’d recommend some caution with these, too, when it comes to keycap clearance - but I love the way they sound.

4 Likes

Hmm… One week after Steamboat Willy hit public domain status! I was wondering who would be first.

5 Likes

Ha. Actually this was first

Question now is, how many before end of year?

6 Likes

Too many!

2 Likes

Cross-posting about DOYS Keycaps Series by Deadline Studio here:

Also, the in-stock DaringRun DR-70F Keyboard is available now. The GB with a few additional case colors and a solder PCB option should be starting soon.

1 Like

Don’t like having spare keycaps left over after you build a board?

Problem solved:

https://rndkbd.com/collections/keyboard-kits-cases/products/gb-boston-120-compact-keyboard-kit

4 Likes

alpha looks good, but there is extra gap between spacebar and alt, and extra gap with 1.75u shift as well, there is some shrinkage for sure. I have similar issues with my 21kb caps

1 Like

I think what you meant to link was this LOL.

2 Likes

It’s on their site but for some reason the URL must have changed. It’s a 3d printed version.

3 Likes

oh wow don’t remember seeing Austin open source the Boston, maybe I’ve seen it before and my memory is just failing me.

1 Like

Anyone try Gateron’s new line of cheaper switches? Despite the “Ever Free” branding they are still 28 cents each :rofl:

3 Likes

I have some Grayish and Curry’s on order due to arrive within the next few days, but I doubt I will be able to get into an in-depth review until the weekend.

If Gateron can keep the quality up and the price down, then this line will take off.

2 Likes

Last night when I posted it, it was the price of the 3D printed version. I guess someone must’ve caught the mistake.

Still, with how many outliers this hobby attracts, this is someone’s preferred layout…

:joy:

1 Like

Drop dropping another DCX set:

In this mono-color line I’m hoping they create a navy set. Might be too close to Dusk though and I don’t know if there are any navy gems (maybe Sapphire?).

4 Likes

GMK Color Samples includes the full range of standard colors (38 caps) in used by GMK in Cherry R1 for $28.

12 Likes

Never noticed the WS24 before. What sets has that been on?

Also, will the WS2 turn yellow if I keep it by eva foam? :rofl:

6 Likes

Novelkeys has a new sub-brand, “The Key Machine” which I think of as “The FOMO Machine.” They’re offering a limited time keyboard related thing until it sells out, and it’ll never be made again (though it might in a different variation), kinda like a shoe release. The site shows more information as time goes by.

To me it isn’t so great to encourage more hurried purchases but it is at least in-stock only.

The first product is “Deepfield” which might be a keycap set, and it’ll be out on February 14th.

7 Likes

Interesting. So bub has designed a few sets for NK. I’m pretty sure he did Panels, PBT Flower Shop, and Spellbook. Maybe others?

So this could be PBT set. Maybe a PBT deep space or something space themed? Sounds nifty.

Or… what if they’re already up and running with the UV printing at GMK and this is a new GMK printed set???

Or, they might have something from KKB already made. They seem to have real sets of Signet for photos, so maybe it’s something along those lines??

So many options. I’m talking out my ass though.

4 Likes

I know we will never get a straight answer, but I would like to know the thinking behind this.

This seems like a step back to me.

It’s like I have been sold on the idea of in stock for years now. No more GBs! And now in stock sits around except for sales… so I am being bamboozled into FOMO GB sales again… by essentially the founding father of in stock mantra. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes