Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

@Manofinterests *winkwink :smiley:

4 Likes

Matt3o’s new profile (MTNU) is being manufactured by GMK in a new facility. (Source: Matt3o’s discord server)

13 Likes

Logitech’s new MX Mechanical keyboard uses Choc V2s

5 Likes

Light pink silent linears and baby blue silent tactiles, both featuring a faceted translucent light diffuser.

Themed after a pair of characters from a popular anime, if you’re into that sort of thing.

rr

Beyond that, I think they’d also jive with some of the R4 KBD67L case colors:

Not stated who will be making these, but in the renders the stems look a lot like Outemu’s. If that’s the case, these stand a good chance of being quite decent; I got one of their recent shrouded-stem silent linears and first impressions are good. I think “silent but not mushy” would be a fair description of those - though every silent will have some degree of mush compared to a standard switch.

3 Likes

I would say TTC considering the Led-defuser and two-stage springs

1 Like

I ran into this the other day, I’m not sure about the sound of it, but that’s more likely the setup he used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieyC78wpT30&t=9s&ab_channel=Bess

It’s a bit strange that this Alice has better traits than the Akko Alice. It’s not a complete kit, but still. You get south-facing PCB, GMK/VIA support, the cable comes out of the center (which looks a lot better IMO), and you get proper legs (which are also adjustable). I mean, Akko included these silly legs that you have to double-side tape onto the bottom of the keyboard arbitrarily.

4 Likes

What’s next, Shinji switch lube?
hqdefault

2 Likes

Maybe you have already seen this, but Akko is getting in on the Alice game too. CNC’d polycarbonate looking good.

3 Likes

Hey, they’re doing the blocked 68 layout, too. Does that layout have a specific name? Four nav keys in a square like the Magicforce68, Ikki68, etc. - seems like the layout isn’t super popular but never fully left behind, either, with another option here and there as time goes on.

I see they went for a badge under the square cluster like the Ikki68 Aurora has - it is a good place to put one.

2 Likes

People usually do refer to it as the MagicForce, but I don’t think it has a formal name. I have a soft spot for it too as the MF68 convinced me there was something to mechanical keyboards after a string of disappointing Blackwidows.

And it is 100% base kit compatible. Even the lowliest base kit will work (well unless you count SP which makes you pay for arrows sometimes… lol.)

2 Likes

Ha. Akko is the Thermaltake of the custom keyboard world. Crazy how fast some companies can get products into their lineup.

3 Likes

Straight up and down macro cluster is gross to me on Alice. Much preferred the staggered look.

I also wish some of these Alice clones would play with the alpha rotation like the Meridian.

4 Likes

I find it ironic that I’m considering the MX Master 3s for the quieter mouse clicks (among other features) while typing on some delightfully loud U4T switches.

1 Like

I have looked into modding my older MX, apparently it is pretty easy to put in new switches. However what I have heard is that the quieter switches/clicks can feel mushier.

Maybe I will try it one day when I need to change out my dirty scroll wheel or need to put in a new battery.

2 Likes

Not at all, pitch is more important than volume

I feel like if I added mouse modding to my keyboard habit, it would lead to financial ruin. :wink:

I read the same about the 3s having a softer/mushier feel as well, which does make me hesitate buying that or trying to mod my current mouse (M705).

Good point.

1 Like

But u can also solder in silent switches in your current mouse.

1 Like

Also a good point! There really are a 1000 possibilities for fine-tuning mouse click feel on that path…

7 Likes

If you hadn’t posted the picture I would have had no idea what that color scheme was in reference to. Had they come up with some Castle Greyskull colors I would have instantly recognized that.

2 Likes