Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

They really do. I like the caps themselves so this is welcome news. Looks like some patience will be required before they roll out to the existing sets but this definitely would put them more in the realm of say, NK’s cap offerings.

2 Likes

These started popping up on AE after being listed on Drop and Keebmonkey for a while. There’s a 3 knob version that looks a lot better and obviously has better value, so I’d wait for that (it’s actually already listed on AE, but the seller gauged the price up to $120). This one should actually sell for $40.

2 Likes

When you say Pine Greens, I’m assuming you mean the tactile greens some people call neon greens? I haven’t had the luck to try them yet, but I have heard they are something else with a very unique tactile event. I first learned of them from Chyros & have been searching ever since LOL!

2 Likes

USB-c daughterboard small GB from evyd13/AnyKeys.eu

• Universal db c1
  • Doro67 Drop in replacement for Doro67.
  • Ryloo M0110 “Hello” Daughterboard. For use with different PCBs in the Ryloo M0110
  • Daughterboard for Novatouch Fits the original Novatouch/Rapid-I case without modifications. Should also fit in the Norbauer case.
  • nt-10 daughterboard For Leopold FC750r, FC980(c/m) and FC900r.
4 Likes

The shells on older Complicated (SKCL/SKCM) Alps have small slits in the housings. These switches are referred to as Pine Alps, while the newer ones which do not have those slits are called Bamboo Alps. Pine Alps are much superior than Bamboo in terms of feel.

The clicky and tactile complicated Alps are called SKCM and the linears are called SKCL. The common green Alps are the SKCL Greens, and the rare tactile ones are the SKCM Greens (also referred to as Neon Greens) found in Fujitsu Xerox keyboards. Those are (imo) the best tactile Alps switches you can get, and definitely worth a try if you can get your hands on them.

4 Likes

Hey look it, they made an injection molded Praxis. Neat.

4 Likes

VIA is now on the web!!

10 Likes

Cool! They hooked up WebUSB.

1 Like

Use VIAL instead.

2 Likes

I don’t have much need for more than LT(1,KC_CAPS) or MT(MOD_LCTL, KC_CAPS), and I can do that in VIA. And all I need to do to run via is visit a website now.

Can I run VIAL in 1 step like VIA?

If so, I’d be happy to try it out.

Well, it’s more stuff like this

6 Likes

I get it, but VIA simply works for me and it’s easy. I don’t have much incentive to look for more.

2 Likes

Well I guess it looks like it’s time to figure out vial. I ain’t putting chrome on my pc just to use via.

2 Likes

What about Opera? Looks like Edge, Chrome and Opera all support webhid

I mean I guess, but like Firefox works just fine for everything else in my life. This just seems like a user hostile move to me with no very good reason given.

I hate how everything has to be online now in general like why do I need an internet connection to change the keys on my keyboard. I seriously considered boxing the kbdfans rgb knob right back up and selling it last week when I realized it’s the same shit.

In reality I’ll probably just keep the most recent version of via and cross the bridge when I finally have something I need to reprogram. Maybe it will be vial or maybe it will be installing edge I guess… I don’t have much on the horizon right now.

3 Likes

Well you bash on dorp for doing stupid stuff, why not VIA?

1 Like

I’d be happy to switch if VIAL was easier to use. I’ll wait patiently for the better mouse trap if they wanna build it. I get that it does more, but 99% of users don’t need that. 99% of users just want something easy.

I know the 40% people want some more advanced codes, but I’m just a basic keeb man. And I still don’t own a keyboard with a rotary encoder :frowning:

1 Like

I agree 100%.

Well via is free, open source and being done on some peoples free time as a hobby … whereas dorp gets paid for doing what it does.

Well, open source ain’t completely true. And it’s more like they abandoned it and it’s turning into a security hole from what I understand. :person_shrugging:

I don’t want to undermine the importance that VIA had, but the time is over just like MSN messenger or Napster …

2 Likes